IGNORED

Help me lose weight contest!

Robert M

Can anyone recommend a good resource for the Atkins diet?

I was thinking about going on it but I don't know much about it.

sorry to hijack your thread Robert but I guess it serves as a bump :)

The very best way to learn the Atkins diet and to make sure you are doing it the right way is to read the book by Dr. Atkins, New Diet Revolution. He updated it just a couple of years ago. His website is a good start but with so much misinformation out there in the news and on the web make sure you read his book to do it the right way.

It seems awfully overwhelming to me as I barely have time to prepare the foods that are recommended and so forth.

I dunno. Diets ALWAYS overwhelm me because of what they require.

Thanks for the link to the site though. I can diet another way by cutting out what I don't need to eat/drink.

don't worry about it, the Atkins diet is the simplest diet to keep up if you start liking the food. My menu for today was 2 sausage, cheese, and egg mcmuffins without the buns. Gyro (lamb) meat with salad for lunch, and a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich on low carb bread (which you can get at Target, only 2 grams of carbs per slice). Fun food and losing the extra weight probably helped me hit two homeruns in softball tonight :D

Main thing is stick to eating meats, fats, and veggies. Avoid sugar, flour, pasta, breads, starchy veggies like potatoes. Real easy but you have to read the book to do everything right. It's worth it, ask someone who's been on it. Good luck, I'm sure you can do well just by starting to cut back on sugars and flour.

To drum up interest in this contest, I am adding the rule that if you enter the first part of the contest, and win the second part of the contest then you will receive an extra bonus prize for winning part 2. If you don't enter part 1 and win part 2, then you won't get the bonus prize.

Cheers!

The contest is closed:

My current weight is 232 pounds and my waist size is 40 inches.

The contest winner is:

with a guess of 234 pounds and 40 inches.

Congratulations! I will send you a PM shortly.

The runners up were:

Scooterb23 with a guess of 234 pounds and 43 inches

Chistopher sly with a guess of 227 pounds and 41 inches

Thanks everyone for playing. Watch for part two with even better prizes.

Cheers!

Rob