IGNORED

Is there a way to print from Applesoft to FujiApple?

I guess it's not possible, right? Though I don't know. Fujinet Printer is some kind of SmartPort character device -- which I never even knew existed until Fujinet.  That's not, a PR#1 type thing, I think. I've been poking around with it, and have had no luck so far.

I did get the Modem working fine from the program on the website.

9 hours ago, cathrynm said:

I guess it's not possible, right? Though I don't know. Fujinet Printer is some kind of SmartPort character device -- which I never even knew existed until Fujinet.  That's not, a PR#1 type thing, I think. I've been poking around with it, and have had no luck so far.

I did get the Modem working fine from the program on the website.

Hey!

Oh man.

So...

I was able to test the printer by writing software that explicitly printed to the smartport printer device.

And Jeff Mazur was able to make a replacement //c ROM that redirected slot 1 accesses ($C10x) to the smartport printer device, but it needs more work.

Supporting this well needs the work of people much more versed than me in Apple // arcana.

This, along with the smartport modem is a case of running out of bridge--mid bridge. Apple never anticipated this.

-Thom

I suppose it might be possible on 2E/2GS to plugin a card, that remaps pr#1 to the printer, though I'm not sure if that's the spirit of the thing or not here. I'm not sure what that 'slots' menu on the GS settings does exactly. I believe that remaps the ROM in those slots, but I have no idea what the hardware is capable of, if it can map this to RAM and  custom code or not. The stuff the FujiApple guys are doing with SmartPart is next level Apple Oscura. It's kind of makes the device interesting, though maybe not at its full potential yet, I suppose.

Just now, cathrynm said:

I suppose it might be possible on 2E/2GS to plugin a card, that remaps pr#1 to the printer, though I'm not sure if that's the spirit of the thing or not here. I'm not sure what that 'slots' menu on the GS settings does exactly. I believe that remaps the ROM in those slots, but I have no idea what the hardware is capable of, if it can map this to RAM and  custom code or not. The stuff the FujiApple guys are doing with SmartPart is next level Apple Oscura. It's kind of makes the device interesting, though maybe not at its full potential yet, I suppose.

Well, it's funny you should mention that.

This thread got us talking with Oliver Schmidt of the a2pico project, and we think we may have a path forward.

-Thom

• Like 2