IGNORED

What is known about Casey's Gold?

jeff20

This may be nothing, but I noticed something about this once and I posted about it here.  

Here was the post: 

Spoiler

Suspicious Coincidence!

The desert background scenes in Dan Kitchen's 1983 prototype of his unreleased game Keystone Kannonball look very similar to the desert background scenes in Atari's 1988 home version of Crossbow.  

KeystoneKannonball1983_320x211.jpg.3c106891df2e32baf596f68e0512745a.jpg  image.jpeg.481e56c12350624ca5351a0084f3f6cd.jpeg

Keystone Kannonball, 1983 (left) and Crossbow, 1988 (right)

Close up views

image.thumb.jpeg.2f2aadffef74f77e00131fe204ad6e0c.jpeg

Keystone Kannonball, 1983

image.thumb.jpeg.49403dfa12c32e2266af31cdfcf3a2c7.jpeg

Crossbow, 1988 

Coincidence?  What do you think!  

Edited by Living Room Arcade

• 2 weeks later...

Garry Kitchen created Circus Convoy. In the early 80s, he also created KEYSTONE KAPERS for Activision. Soon after, his brother Dan Kitchen started working on the sequel, KEYSTONE KANNONBALL. The Video Game Crash of 1983 ended his work. He found the prototype a few years ago and donated it to the National Video Game Museum here in Frisco, TX. Then he finished the game, renaming it Gold Rush. It was renamed again to Casey’s Gold. Still waiting for Audacity Games to release it.

Side note: Audacity Games was founded by the Kitchen brothers and David Crane (co-founder of Activision and creator of Pitfall). They have stated this is a part time project. Their mission is to support the homebrew community. I hope they will continue releasing games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theonlygood said:

Audacity Games was founded by the Kitchen brothers and David Crane

According to the interview Garry Kitchen had with Jon of Gen X Grown-Up recently, Garry and David Crane started Audacity. Dan Kitchen came on board shortly thereafter.

I wonder what Steve Kitchen is up to these days.

Garry Kitchen also said that Audacity might have an announcement at CORGSCON on June 1st. My guess is that the announcement is in relation to a cartridge release of Alien Abduction, but it could be about Casey's Gold.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

According to the interview Garry Kitchen had with Jon of Gen X Grown-Up recently, Garry and David Crane started Audacity. Dan Kitchen came on board shortly thereafter.

I wonder what Steve Kitchen is up to these days.

Garry Kitchen also said that Audacity might have an announcement at CORGSCON on June 1st. My guess is that the announcement is in relation to a cartridge release of Alien Abduction, but it could be about Casey's Gold.

Surprising to have 3 brothers excelling in the same niche field. As far as I can tell, Steve Kitchen now goes by Jessica Stevens. She is credited on those Activision Anthologies from 20 years ago. Can’t find a trace of what she’s doing now.

• 2 weeks later...