IGNORED

Jumping at Shadows: Moth-Line Contest! ***NOW LIVE!***

Machine

When playing the game do you need to play one more time to make save happen? 

Last night I got 7240 as seen above.  Today when I went to play the game it showed an old high score in the 6K range.  Today I got 7165, and then I played one more time after that.  I turned off console, turned it back on and my new high score is 7165.  So the save happened today.

edit: just press fire at game over screen to save score.

IMG_4638.jpg

after power off

IMG_4643.jpg

Posted (edited)

Current Leader: 

7494  -  grips03

3371  -  K3V

3787  -  grips03

4006  -  grips03

4635  -  grips03

4841  -  grips03

5858  -  grips03

3206  -  Machine

4631  -  Clint Thompson

5738  -  ZPH(James)

2630  -  ZPH(Tanya)

6694  -  grips03

7494  -  grips03

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

Hints

Use arcade stick, shorter throw stick the better, I use an 8-way joystick.

As the game progresses robot gets faster

Use power pellet to kill (eat) the robot, this gets you 50 points.  Try to kill the robot on each level.

Time killing of the robot and then eat pellets below MothLine text.  It is ok to leave 6 left most pellets and the 6 right most pellets on the screen.  As you can always force robot in other direction by wrapping hero from left or right side of screen allowing you to eat these last 12 pellets when its safest for the hero to do so.

If leaving 6 pellets on each side I visually look at the "N" in Jumping and "H" in Shadows.  You don't need to eat the pellets underneath these letters until later.

J U M P I N G at S H A D O W S  

MothLine

X X X X X X P P P P P P P X X X X X X, make sure to eat pellets marked with P, ones with X can always be eaten later.

At higher levels, you will need to time the killing of the robot. Let the robot get close before eating power pellet and killing him.

When wrapping from left to right side of screen, wait until the robot gets close.  This will give more time of the far side of the screen to work. 

Move joystick left and right really fast to stay in the same spot for timing certain actions, example waiting in front of pellet or waiting for robot to get closer.

Don't be greedy, once you leave the 6 left most or 6 right most pellets on the screen left just go to the center and let the robot chase you to the edge and wrap around.  When the robot is chasing you, let the robot get close, but not too close, about 2 inches is good.

Once you eat the power pellet on the other side that is close to the edge of the screen, immediately go back to the side you were on and kill the robot quick, and then come back to the side the power the pellet was on.  Make sure robot was close when doing this, so when you return to the original side the robot is with in easy kill range.  Do this as quickly as possible.

Save highscore by pressing B at Game Over screen in 1.01 rom.

In 1.01 rom you can kill orange robot, but don't wait or chase the robot too long as once robot switches to red it can kill hero.

I would consolidate the highscore list to each players single highest entry at this rate lol

Looks like I’ve got another month to get a grip on this game ;) and hopefully a score higher than 5k (or just a hair above 7,565 as it stands) 

…may the cursing continue 😂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

I would consolidate the highscore list to each players single highest entry at this rate lol

Looks like I’ve got another month to get a grip on this game ;) and hopefully a score higher than 5k (or just a hair above 7,565 as it stands) 

…may the cursing continue 😂 

I give everyone up to 3 "second-chance" entries into the drawing. So I could slim it down to the top 3 picks per person.

I am doing it that way because I am lazy and don't want someone missing out on a second-chance entry.

I'm trying to reward players who may not win, but put in effort and submit scores.

Edited by Machine
  • Like 2

more hints:

There were 3 blue flames.  I got the one on the left, so now there is two.  It's not possible to get the blue flame under G, and forget about the one under "o" in Moth.  This is why its very important to clear those out while getting the robot bonus.

Of the two, its more important to clear out the blue flames under Moth Line and to the left and right of it. Its easy to get the blue flame N in Jumping.  Don't worry about always getting the robot bonus at 6K + as sometimes the yellow flame is not in ideal position and its better to survive to the next level.

IMG_4667.jpg

On 5/2/2024 at 1:52 AM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Just picked this up! Looking forward to trying it out 😀

Get a score in, any score. It will enter you into the competition and eligible for the "second chance drawing" to win some free stuff.

• Like 1

Current Leader: 

8289  -  grips03

3371  -  K3V

3206  -  Machine

4631  -  Clint Thompson

5738  -  ZPH(James)

2630  -  ZPH(Tanya)

6694  -  grips03

7618  -  grips03

8289  -  grips03

Current Leader: