IGNORED

Pokeymax v4 bring up thread

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 4:45 PM, woj said:

I finally managed to listen to the RSI Megademo Wasteland track! It took a bit of fighting with the COVOX addressing and such, but I succeeded with NeoTracker 1.8. The Inertia Player from this ATR of your was not usuable - SDX said 'not a binary' and upon the attempt to extract the exe file Altirra said the file system on that ATR is damaged and refused to do anything about it. I also noticed that some MOD files are not loaded correctly by NeoTracker (most notably the Airwolf track shipped with Inertia). 

What I am now searching for is the Amiga RSI Megademo loading screen tune, I'd really like to hear how it sounds on an Atari. Problem is I do not know the name of it, and my searching so far has failed me (I found other tunes from the same demo, but not this one). This one: 

https://demozoo.org/music/74383/

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=32220

But it looks to be in Mark II Soundsystem format (.mk2) no idea on how to convert it to .MOD format.

Edited by Lastic
  • Thanks 1

Any luck with compiling a basic stereo configuration for the 10M02?  I tried compiling, but no luck so far.  I was able to get some of the already configured builds to compile, but I don't think I have the config correct for the smaller device.

46 minutes ago, Panther said:

Thank you.  That version still wouldn't build for me, but thank you for building it.  I'll try this out soon.

Have you built the board without telling us? 😮 

Today I tried a core for M08 with SPDIF, samples, SID, and PS/2, at the price of skipping PSG (honestly I have not even checked yet what that thing is all about). I am inclined to try the PS/2 functionality, just that I don't have a keyboard...

Edited by woj

53 minutes ago, mytek said:

Opps just noticed you're in Sweden so that option might not work for you.

Oh, I know I can get one, just that spending more money on my projects becomes an issue, especially when it is just to check that it works.

4 hours ago, woj said:

Have you built the board without telling us? 😮 

No, but the PCBs have been ordered.  I needed some PCBs for another project, so I ended up including boards for the PokeyMAX and A8PicoCart.  I might as well try out an actual PicoCart since mytek (I don't know how to paste user links in here from the editor on my phone) doesn't seem to ever be finishing the new 576NUC+ expansion... 😁

1 hour ago, Panther said:

I might as well try out an actual PicoCart since mytek (I don't know how to paste user links in here from the editor on my phone) doesn't seem to ever be finishing the new 576NUC+ expansion... 😁

Cute :lolblue:

Some day I promise it will happen... assuming I live that long :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mytek said:

Some day I promise it will happen... assuming I live that long :)

You know I'm going to keep at bugging you about it!  Don't make me have to hire a medium.

• Haha 2

PCBs arrived today, which was a surprise making it just three days after being shipped via JLCPCB's lowest cost shipping.  Unfortunately, my workroom is torn up right now, so I can't get to assembly very quickly.  The boards look better visually than in the photo by the way.  All that shiny stuff on black didn't work well.

PM4pcb.jpg

• Like 4