IGNORED

Article mentions a "broken release" of Raiders of the Lost Ark

Propane13

I thought this was an amusing story:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/raiders-lost-ark-1982-atari-2600-bill-young-k6nmc/

I never heard about an unsolvable Raiders bug (and I kind of doubt it's existence), but thought I'd share.

(Note: I tried the search functionality and didn't see this article anywhere, so please redirect me if this was already posted somewhere)

Never heard of that either... think it was just happenstance he finally made it over at his friends.

Before I read the article, thought his 'bug' was referred to the scoring situation - nixing an item/task on the final released version.

1 hour ago, Wickeycolumbus said:

Just have to say, that article is absolutely unbearable.. very painful read

The author thinks he is Joe Cool, and writes well.  He is mistaken.

14 hours ago, Propane13 said:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/raiders-lost-ark-1982-atari-2600-bill-young-k6nmc/

I never heard about an unsolvable Raiders bug (and I kind of doubt it's existence), but thought I'd share.

(Note: I tried the search functionality and didn't see this article anywhere, so please redirect me if this was already posted somewhere)

Randy was full of sh*t.

There's never ben a bugged release.

Timing the paradrop with the branch can be tricky, though.

8) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rom Hunter said:

There's never ben a bugged release.

On 4/16/2024 at 3:15 PM, Propane13 said:

On 4/16/2024 at 3:36 PM, schuwalker said:

Never heard of that either... think it was just happenstance he finally made it over at his friends.

Before I read the article, thought his 'bug' was referred to the scoring situation - nixing an item/task on the final released version.

On 4/16/2024 at 3:49 PM, Wickeycolumbus said:

Interesting, never heard of it.  Thank you for sharing

Just have to say, that article is absolutely unbearable.. very painful read

Gonna go out on a limb here.

The story of a bugged release is ringing bells in my head.  Really distant ones of the "I heard this as a kid" variety, but it's definitely not the first time I've heard this stated.

That's about as far as I'm willing to go with it, however.  More than happy to hear from anyone with supporting evidence, or even evidence to the contrary.  It's just not new news to me for one reason or another, though.

I've heard, the grapes (were) sour anyway, plenty of times with many of things. 

So some dude, knew a dude, who told him there was a bugged version released.

The plethora of interviews Howard Scott Warshaw has been a part of without once ever stating or suggesting anything remotely like this concerning Raiders of the Lost Ark is evidence enough for me.

If that is not proof enough, I can state that instead of Randy, I received intel from Jambi, who also knows, from Chairry and Globey, that the King of Cartoons has original source code of Raiders of the Lost Ark delivered by Reba the Mail Lady, who confirmed with Miss Yvonne that there was never such a bug.

If still in dispute, Cowboy Curtis may show up with the red and blue pills.  Take the blue pill if you still want to believe in a bugged version release. Take the red pill, if you know crack is wack, but the story is even wackier.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Gonna go out on a limb here.

The story of a bugged release is ringing bells in my head.  Really distant ones of the "I heard this as a kid" variety, but it's definitely not the first time I've heard this stated.

There's the Jerome Domurat initials version that was shown in some magazines, but never released:
https://www.ataricompendium.com/game_library/unreleased/unreleased.html#rotla

Could be you remembered this.

8)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rom Hunter said:

There's the Jerome Domurat initials version that was shown in some magazines, but never released:
https://www.ataricompendium.com/game_library/unreleased/unreleased.html#rotla

Could be you remembered this.

8)

Very possible.  That certainly is ringing bells, but I'm not quite 100% sure that's it.  Either way, thanks for the refresher; it'd been quite some time since I'd read about that :)