IGNORED

Super Mario All-Stars SNES

Breakpack

Hey! Now I don't have to ask how the water world worked in the original Famicom version.

In the SNES version they spiced the graphics up by making it actually under water. Looks like the Famicom just made it normally but added the ability to swim.. in air. Looks weird that way though.

Notice the palette color shift? The castle being white, briks being green. Bushes being funky pikn and blue. That is because Water levels use a special palette. So when they designed a normal level and set it to be a water level, it shifted the palette as well as making it swimmable and replacing certain tiles with Water related ones.

Play through 9 and see if it works.

Yup,see the Game Genie does this too with the original SMB.Although I didn't know of these extra levels would be on the Famicon version('till I just played it ),when I saw them on SNES,I though the Genie inspired them...ok ,throws that out the window.These levels were made BEFORE the Genie was released...yaaaayy!!!!:D

Do you still have the saved freeze states? I'd like to try these levels on the Famicom version.

yep :) I used NNNesterJ 0.23

I also have the start of 9-2,9-3 and 9-4 if you want them :)

Hmm.. Nester uses non-standard Freeze states? I can't use it. :( Thanks anyway.

I was assuming that the Freeze State was standard. Guess not. ROMS and Saved Games are, but not Freezes.

I don't suppose NNNesterJ is on Mac OS X is it?

Do you still have the saved freeze states? I'd like to try these levels on the Famicom version.

yep :) I used NNNesterJ 0.23

I also have the start of 9-2,9-3 and 9-4 if you want them :)

Hmm.. Nester uses non-standard Freeze states? I can't use it. :( Thanks anyway.

I was assuming that the Freeze State was standard. Guess not. ROMS and Saved Games are, but not Freezes.

I don't suppose NNNesterJ is on Mac OS X is it?

umm dont think so.......:(