IGNORED

Atari 2600 games with FEMALE lead characters

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

I made a side scrolling game called Sensational Santuci Sisters in hopes of making it an official Great Giana Sisters for the 2600.

A friend got me in contact with the rights holders but lost touch before anything could happen.  So, it was left as a basic, endless side-scrolling title.

That is a shame.  Looks like it would have been a FANTASTIC game!  I think we need to document this even though it was cancelled.  Don't you agree?  

Added Sensational Santuci Sisters [Cancelled]

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

• Bit Quest II – This time, the princess must take up the ancient sword and rescue her friend!

• Carrot Kingdom – You play as Jinny, an adorable Cat Girl Maid on her quest to defeat the evil Carrot King.

• Dishaster – You play as the girl who is spinning the dishes.

• Dungeon II Solstice – Choose to play as the Fairie.

• Elevators Amiss - You play as the Maid.  

• Escape from the Castle - Choose to play as the heroine named Cat.  

• Ghost Manor – Choose to play as a girl. You try to rescue your friend being held prisoner by Dracula in the castle.

• Halloween – You play as babysitter Laurie Strode, protecting the children from Michael Myer's knife!

• Kangaroo – You play as Mother Kangaroo, trying to rescue her precious baby.

• Lady Bug – (In nature, real lady bugs can be male or female.  Let's assume that in Lady Bug, your lady bug is female.)  

• Laura Cron (Pitfall hack) – Exactly like Pitfall, but you play as Laura Cron.

• Lillly Adventure – You play as Little Lilly, jumping, bouncing and leaping your way through the four seasons as she strolls down the adventurous path.

• Lily's Woods (Pitfall hack, 2006, by Scott Dayton) – A game for kids! Kids play as Lily. Lily explores a world of cute animals in which nothing can hurt her.

• Lyra the Tenrec – You play as Lyra the Tenrec, who must retrieve the Ruby Wafers and thwart the Eyebots' plots.

• Ms. Pac-Man

• Penult – You can play as a female character of your own creation.

• Pitkat - Choose the pink girl character

• Razor's Edge – You play as "Sarah Stone, a reporter and expert fighter who decides to rescue her sister Vanessa who was kidnapped by the evil David Scarblade's gang."

• Strike Zone Bowling - Choose the female bowler character

• Tomb Raider: Mystery of the Scarlet Dragon (hack of Montezuma's Revenge by @KevinMos3 Link)  You play of course as Laura Croft.  

• Wabbit – You play as Billie Sue, the farmer.

• ZeroPage Homebrew: The Game – Play as Tanya of the ZPH Crew.

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

• Miss Piggy's Wedding – Play as Miss Piggy, who tries to trap poor Kermit in the church and force him to marry her!

• Ms. Galactopus

• Rampage – Choose to play as Lizzie, who turns back into a woman when her power level drops to zero.

• RPG Fight (mini game) – A girl challenges you to play her in a game of rock, paper, scissors.

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

• Donkey Kong – Pauline – Mario's girlfriend who is patiently waiting to be rescued.

• Jungle Hunt – Lady P is your wife whom you are trying to rescue from the cannibals.  

• Popeye – Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oyl is waiting to be rescued, throws you hearts to encourage you.  

• Save Mary (prototype) – You save Mary by constructing a platform before the water rises!  

• Snow White (prototype) – The Seven Dwarves search for Prince Charming in the Enchanted Forest who will save Snow White from the evil queen.

• Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups - Strawberry Shortcake, Blueberry Muffin and Lime Chiffon are three female characters that you can make by selecting the right clothes. Then they will come to life and dance for you!

• Tomarc the Barbarian – Senta fights off bats while waiting impatiently for Tomarc to rescue her.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

• Sensational Santuci Sisters [Cancelled] - Barb and Deb must search the Dream World for clues to their Grandmothers Secret Spaghetti Sauce! (Was intended to be an official Great Giana Sisters for the 2600, but was unfortunately cancelled due to legal issues.)

NOTES

• Alien – I think not. The manual says, "Each game of Alien lasts until you run out of humans." While your pixelated human could be Ripley, the female lead in the film, I think it also could be any other member of the crew who is still alive aboard the Nostromo.

• Meeow - I think not.  The main character is @ZeroPage Homebrew Mr. James, not the cat.  Even still, the gender of the cat is unknown.  "You control a cat..." says the game instruction manual PDF.  

• Meeow 2 - No.  The cat's name is Max.  

• Sheep It Up – No. The sheep/main character is male. "Sheep It Up! is an arcade game where a sheep has to climb up by hanging himself to flying velcro straps."

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 1

It didn't completely fizzle out.  I used the side scrolling engine and some sprites in a subsequent game called Balloon Girl.  Controls more like Balloon Fight for the NES except using only one button!

Later it had a physical release on one of the first homebrew all original game double enders:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/326533-first-homebrew-atari-2600-dual-cart-balloon-girl-sharkstorm-on-etsy/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

It didn't completely fizzle out.  I used the side scrolling engine and some sprites in a subsequent game called Balloon Girl.  Controls more like Balloon Fight for the NES except using only one button!

Later it had a physical release on one of the first homebrew all original game double enders:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/326533-first-homebrew-atari-2600-dual-cart-balloon-girl-sharkstorm-on-etsy/

Wow, was a public binary of Balloon Girl ever released?  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, atwwong said:

In Haunted Adventure Trilogy Game 7, your character is a female teacher/witch.

Hello!  You are Anthony "atwwong" W. Wong, the creator of Haunted Adventure Trilogy.  Wow, it's an honor to meet you in this forum!  

Excellent, I will add it.  Do you have time to say a few words about the female character's role in your game to improve my description of it?  Thank you!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Hello!  You are Anthony "atwwong" W. Wong, the creator of Haunted Adventure Trilogy.  Wow, it's an honor to meet you in this forum!  

Excellent, I will add it.  Do you have time to say a few words about the female character's role in your game to improve my description of it?  Thank you!  

Thank you! It's an honour to be on your list!

You play as Jono Care, a school teacher by day and a witch by night, who must repair the pieces of the broken urn and return all her ghostly friends to the cemetery before dawn.

Hope that helps! There's other stuff but that's the main idea.

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, atwwong said:

Thank you! It's an honour to be on your list!

You play as Jono Care, a school teacher by day and a witch by night, who must repair the pieces of the broken urn and return all her ghostly friends to the cemetery before dawn.

Hope that helps! There's other stuff but that's the main idea.

Cheers,

Tony

Haunted Adventure Trilogy (Game 7) added!  

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

1. Bit Quest II – This time, the princess must take up the ancient sword and rescue her friend! 
  2. Carrot Kingdom – You play as Jinny, an adorable Cat Girl Maid on her quest to defeat the evil Carrot King.  
  3. Dishaster – You play as the girl who is spinning the dishes.  
  4. Dungeon II Solstice – Choose to play as the Fairie.  
  5. Elevators Amiss - You play as the Maid.  
  6. Escape from the Castle - Choose to play as the heroine named Cat.  
  7. Ghost Manor – Choose to play as a girl.  You try to rescue your friend being held prisoner by Dracula in the castle.  
  8. Halloween – You play as babysitter Laurie Strode, protecting the children from Michael Myer's knife!  
  9. Haunted Adventure Trilogy (Game 7) - You play as Jono Care, a female school teacher by day and a witch by night, who must repair the pieces of the broken urn and return all her ghostly friends to the cemetery before dawn.  
  10. Kangaroo – You play as Mother Kangaroo, trying to rescue her precious baby.  
  11. Lady Bug – (In nature, real lady bugs can be male or female.  Let's assume that in Lady Bug, your lady bug is female.)  
  12. Laura Cron (Pitfall hack) – Exactly like Pitfall, but you play as Laura Cron. 
  13. Lillly Adventure – You play as Little Lilly, jumping, bouncing and leaping your way through the four seasons as she strolls down the adventurous path.   
  14. Lily's Woods (Pitfall hack, 2006, by Scott Dayton) – A game for kids!  Kids play as Lily.  Lily explores a world of cute animals in which nothing can hurt her.   
  15. Lyra the Tenrec – You play as Lyra the Tenrec, who must retrieve the Ruby Wafers and thwart the Eyebots' plots.  
  16. Ms. Pac-Man
  17. Penult – You can play as a female character of your own creation.  
  18. Pitkat - Choose the pink girl character
  19. Razor's Edge – You play as "Sarah Stone, a reporter and expert fighter who decides to rescue her sister Vanessa who was kidnapped by the evil David Scarblade's gang."  
  20. Strike Zone Bowling - Choose the female bowler character
  21. Tomb Raider: Mystery of the Scarlet Dragon (hack of Montezuma's Revenge by @KevinMos3 Link)  You play of course as Laura Croft.  
  22. Wabbit – You play as Billie Sue, the farmer.  
  23. ZeroPage Homebrew: The Game – Play as Tanya of the ZPH Crew.  

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

1. Miss Piggy's Wedding – Play as Miss Piggy, who tries to trap poor Kermit in the church and force him to marry her!  
  2. Ms. Galactopus 
  3. Rampage – Choose to play as Lizzie, who turns back into a woman when her power level drops to zero.  
  4. RPG Fight (mini game) – A girl challenges you to play her in a game of rock, paper, scissors.  

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

1. Donkey Kong – Pauline – Mario's girlfriend who is patiently waiting to be rescued.  
  2. Jungle Hunt – Lady P is your wife whom you are trying to rescue from the cannibals.  
  3. Popeye – Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oyl is waiting to be rescued, throws you hearts to encourage you.
  4. Save Mary (prototype) – You save Mary by constructing a platform before the water rises!  
  5. Snow White (prototype) – The Seven Dwarves search for Prince Charming in the Enchanted Forest who will save Snow White from the evil queen.  
  6. Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups - Strawberry Shortcake, Blueberry Muffin and Lime Chiffon are three female characters that you can make by selecting the right clothes.  Then they will come to life and dance for you!  
  7. Tomarc the Barbarian – Senta fights off bats while waiting impatiently for Tomarc to rescue her.  

HONORABLE MENTIONS

1. Sensational Santuci Sisters - Barb and Deb must search the Dream World for clues to their Grandmothers Secret Spaghetti Sauce!  (Was intended to be an official Great Giana Sisters for the 2600, but was unfortunately cancelled due to legal issues.)

NOTES

• Alien – I think not.  The manual says, "Each game of Alien lasts until you run out of humans."  While your pixelated human could be Ripley, the female lead in the film, I think it also could be any other member of the crew who is still alive aboard the Nostromo.
  • Meeow - I think not.  The main character is @ZeroPage Homebrew Mr. James, not the cat.  Even still, the gender of the cat is unknown.  "You control a cat..." says the game instruction manual PDF.  
  • Meeow 2 - No.  The cat's name is Max.  
  • Sheep It Up – No.  The sheep/main character is male.  "Sheep It Up! is an arcade game where a sheep has to climb up by hanging himself to flying velcro straps."  
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Wow, was a public binary of Balloon Girl ever released?  

@Gemintronic Never mind, you had already linked it.  Excellent, I will add this game to our list, too.  Would you also like to say a few words about the role of the female character in Balloon Girl to improve my description?  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Living Room Arcade said:

@Gemintronic Never mind, you had already linked it.  Excellent, I will add this game to our list, too.  Would you also like to say a few words about the role of the female character in Balloon Girl to improve my description?  

I found the bare bones story in the manual of an unreleased version I collaborated on with RetroIsLife:

Story

One day as Jen returns home from school and finds her TV on and her video game system displaying a new game. Thinking her parents bought her a new game Jen sits down and happily begins playing Balloon Warriors. With a flick of the controller she is blinded by a light as she is sucked in to the television.

Opening her eyes she sees the colorful world of Balloon Warrior. A small elfish boy runs over as she pulls herself up from the ground. He begins to tell her of the creatures and the evil queen that has been taking over the land and taking gamers from their worlds. Jen takes the balloon offered to her by the Elfish boy and wraps it tight around her hand and takes off into the air. Aware of the dangers ahead she readies herself not only free the others but also the game world from the clutches of the evil queen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

I found the bare bones story in the manual of an unreleased version I collaborated on with RetroIsLife:

Story
One day as Jen returns home from school and finds her TV on and her video game system displaying a new game. Thinking her parents bought her a new game Jen sits down and happily begins playing Balloon Warriors. With a flick of the controller she is blinded by a light as she is sucked in to the television.

Opening her eyes she sees the colorful world of Balloon Warrior. A small elfish boy runs over as she pulls herself up from the ground. He begins to tell her of the creatures and the evil queen that has been taking over the land and taking gamers from their worlds. Jen takes the balloon offered to her by the Elfish boy and wraps it tight around her hand and takes off into the air. Aware of the dangers ahead she readies herself not only free the others but also the game world from the clutches of the evil queen.

Balloon Girl added!  

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

1. Balloon Girl – You play as Jen, the cute girl who is flying with her pink balloon to free everyone from the clutches of the evil queen.

2. Bit Quest II – This time, the princess must take up the ancient sword and rescue her friend!

3. Carrot Kingdom – You play as Jinny, an adorable Cat Girl Maid on her quest to defeat the evil Carrot King.

4. Dishaster – You play as the girl who is spinning the dishes.

5. Dungeon II Solstice – Choose to play as the Fairie.

6. Elevators Amiss - You play as the Maid.

7. Escape from the Castle - Choose to play as the heroine named Cat.  

8. Ghost Manor – Choose to play as a girl. You try to rescue your friend being held prisoner by Dracula in the castle.

9. Halloween – You play as babysitter Laurie Strode, protecting the children from Michael Myer's knife!

10. Haunted Adventure Trilogy (Game 7) - You play as Jono Care, a female school teacher by day and a witch by night, who must repair the pieces of the broken urn and return all her ghostly friends to the cemetery before dawn.

11. Kangaroo – You play as Mother Kangaroo, trying to rescue her precious baby.

12. Lady Bug – (In nature, real lady bugs can be male or female.  Let's assume that in Lady Bug, your lady bug is female.)  

13. Laura Cron (Pitfall hack) – Exactly like Pitfall, but you play as Laura Cron.

14. Lillly Adventure – You play as Little Lilly, jumping, bouncing and leaping your way through the four seasons as she strolls down the adventurous path.

15. Lily's Woods (Pitfall hack, 2006, by Scott Dayton) – A game for kids! Kids play as Lily. Lily explores a world of cute animals in which nothing can hurt her.

16. Lyra the Tenrec – You play as Lyra the Tenrec, who must retrieve the Ruby Wafers and thwart the Eyebots' plots.

17. Ms. Pac-Man

18. Penult – You can play as a female character of your own creation.

19. Pitkat - Choose the pink girl character

20. Razor's Edge – You play as "Sarah Stone, a reporter and expert fighter who decides to rescue her sister Vanessa who was kidnapped by the evil David Scarblade's gang."

21. Strike Zone Bowling - Choose the female bowler character

22. Tomb Raider: Mystery of the Scarlet Dragon (hack of Montezuma's Revenge by @KevinMos3 Link)  You play of course as Laura Croft.  

23. Wabbit – You play as Billie Sue, the farmer.

24. ZeroPage Homebrew: The Game – Play as Tanya of the ZPH Crew.

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

1. Miss Piggy's Wedding – Play as Miss Piggy, who tries to trap poor Kermit in the church and force him to marry her!

2. Ms. Galactopus

3. Rampage – Choose to play as Lizzie, who turns back into a woman when her power level drops to zero.

4. RPG Fight (mini game) – A girl challenges you to play her in a game of rock, paper, scissors.

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

1. Donkey Kong – Pauline – Mario's girlfriend who is patiently waiting to be rescued.

2. Jungle Hunt – Lady P is your wife whom you are trying to rescue from the cannibals.

3. Popeye – Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oyl is waiting to be rescued, throws you hearts to encourage you.

4. Save Mary (prototype) – You save Mary by constructing a platform before the water rises!  

5. Snow White (prototype) – The Seven Dwarves search for Prince Charming in the Enchanted Forest who will save Snow White from the evil queen.

6. Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups - Strawberry Shortcake, Blueberry Muffin and Lime Chiffon are three female characters that you can make by selecting the right clothes. Then they will come to life and dance for you!

7. Tomarc the Barbarian – Senta fights off bats while waiting impatiently for Tomarc to rescue her.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

1. Sensational Santuci Sisters - Barb and Deb must search the Dream World for clues to their Grandmothers Secret Spaghetti Sauce! (Was intended to be an official Great Giana Sisters for the 2600, but was unfortunately cancelled due to legal issues.)

NOTES

• Alien – I think not. The manual says, "Each game of Alien lasts until you run out of humans." While your pixelated human could be Ripley, the female lead in the film, I think it also could be any other member of the crew who is still alive aboard the Nostromo.

• Meeow - I think not.  The main character is @ZeroPage Homebrew Mr. James, not the cat.  Even still, the gender of the cat is unknown.  "You control a cat..." says the game instruction manual PDF.  

• Sheep It Up – No. The sheep/main character is male. "Sheep It Up! is an arcade game where a sheep has to climb up by hanging himself to flying velcro straps."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Did you know?  

In DK Arcade 2600 RC1 (iesposta, 2019), you can choose to play as Pauline and rescue Mario!  

Screenshots

Spoiler

IMG1.thumb.jpg.ebbca56965a01f1e4069c7401f80fe16.jpgIMG2.thumb.jpg.a96f12e68602f9f1656d0346a856c0de.jpg

Pauline, Action Hero!

Paulinewhammer_150x113.jpg.ca297c89e46c62b9e71e2f3de1e07066.jpg PaulineJumping_150x136.jpg.3002af373223d86b97ce615bcb2b87f5.jpg

Added DK Arcade 2600 RC1 by @iesposta

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

• Balloon Girl – You play as Jen, the cute girl who is flying with her pink balloon to free everyone from the clutches of the evil queen.

• Bit Quest II – This time, the princess must take up the ancient sword and rescue her friend!

• Carrot Kingdom – You play as Jinny, an adorable Cat Girl Maid on her quest to defeat the evil Carrot King.

• DK Arcade 2600 RC1 (iesposta) – You can choose to play as Pauline and rescue Mario.

• Ghost Manor – Choose to play as a girl. You try to rescue your friend being held prisoner by Dracula in the castle.

• Halloween – You play as babysitter Laurie Strode, protecting the children from Michael Myer's knife!

• Haunted Adventure Trilogy (Game 7) - You play as Jono Care, a female school teacher by day and a witch by night, who must repair the pieces of the broken urn and return all her ghostly friends to the cemetery before dawn.

• Lady Bug – (In nature, real lady bugs can be male or female.  Let's assume that in Lady Bug, your lady bug is female.)  

• Lillly Adventure – You play as Little Lilly, jumping, bouncing and leaping your way through the four seasons as she strolls down the adventurous path.

• Lily's Woods (Pitfall hack, 2006, by Scott Dayton) – A game for kids! Kids play as Lily. Lily explores a world of cute animals in which nothing can hurt her.

• Lyra the Tenrec – You play as Lyra the Tenrec, who must retrieve the Ruby Wafers and thwart the Eyebots' plots.

• Ms. Pac-Man

• Razor's Edge – You play as "Sarah Stone, a reporter and expert fighter who decides to rescue her sister Vanessa who was kidnapped by the evil David Scarblade's gang."

• Tomb Raider: Mystery of the Scarlet Dragon (hack of Montezuma's Revenge by @KevinMos3 Link)  You play of course as Laura Croft.  

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

• Miss Piggy's Wedding – Play as Miss Piggy, who tries to trap poor Kermit in the church and force him to marry her!

• Ms. Galactopus

• Rampage – Choose to play as Lizzie, who turns back into a woman when her power level drops to zero.

• RPG Fight (mini game) – A girl challenges you to play her in a game of rock, paper, scissors.

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

• Donkey Kong – Pauline – Mario's girlfriend who is patiently waiting to be rescued.

• Jungle Hunt – Lady P is your wife whom you are trying to rescue from the cannibals.  

• Popeye – Popeye's girlfriend Olive Oyl is waiting to be rescued, throws you hearts to encourage you.

• Save Mary (prototype) – You save Mary by constructing a platform before the water rises!  

• Snow White (prototype) – The Seven Dwarves search for Prince Charming in the Enchanted Forest who will save Snow White from the evil queen.

• Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups - Strawberry Shortcake, Blueberry Muffin and Lime Chiffon are three female characters that you can make by selecting the right clothes. Then they will come to life and dance for you!

• Tomarc the Barbarian – Senta fights off bats while waiting impatiently for Tomarc to rescue her.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

• Sensational Santuci Sisters - Barb and Deb must search the Dream World for clues to their Grandmothers Secret Spaghetti Sauce! (Was intended to be an official Great Giana Sisters for the 2600, but was unfortunately cancelled due to legal issues.)

NOTES

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

There's also: Donkey Kong 2600: Pauline Edition

image.thumb.png.e2c9fab39cf0545f0a4911814d687ea0.png

Added!  

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

• Balloon Girl – You play as Jen, the cute girl who is flying with her pink balloon to free everyone from the clutches of the evil queen.

• DK Arcade 2600 (iesposta) – You can choose to play as Pauline and rescue Mario.

• Donkey Kong 2600: Pauline Edition – You play as Pauline and rescue Mario.

• Haunted Adventure Trilogy (Game 7) - You play as Jono Care, a female school teacher by day and a witch by night, who must repair the pieces of the broken urn and return all her ghostly friends to the cemetery before dawn.

• Ms. Pac-Man

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

• Ms. Galactopus

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

HONORABLE MENTIONS

• Sensational Santuci Sisters - Barb and Deb must search the Dream World for clues to their Grandmothers Secret Spaghetti Sauce! (Was intended to be an official Great Giana Sisters for the 2600, but was unfortunately cancelled due to legal issues.)

NOTES

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2024 at 11:53 AM, BassGuitari said:

If Ripley is in Alien, then Raquel Welch is in the submarine in Fantastic Voyage. 😜

Of course, the body she's inside is referred to as a guy in the manual...

Anyway, taking fan stories for games into account, there are some games in my Robot Force series where you play as solely RUBY. They are: Communist Mutants from Space, Galaxian, Killer Satellites, and Plaque Attack. I'm not counting games where both DAN and RUBY are playable.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sikor said:

Thank you!  Berta and Butterflies added.    

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

• Balloon Girl – You play as Jen, the cute girl who is flying with her pink balloon.

• Berta and Butterflies – You play as Berta, a female baby elephant.

• DK Arcade 2600 (iesposta) – You can choose to play as Pauline and rescue Mario.

• Haunted Adventure III - Witch's Flight - You play as Jono Care, a school teacher by day and a witch by night.

• Ms. Pac-Man

• Tomb Raider: Mystery of the Scarlet Dragon (hack of Montezuma's Revenge) You play as Laura Croft.

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

• Ms. Galactopus

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

HONORABLE MENTIONS

NOTES

Posted (edited)

We forgot Anna Lee, the Cabbage Patch girl!  

IMG2_300x197.jpg.100ebd07a7f6f3cb13c86db7772dea28.jpg IMG1_53x60.jpg.44db5f3d9905300a83b8aa6b8862412b.jpg

Added Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventures in the Park (prototype)

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

• Balloon Girl – You play as Jen, the cute girl who is flying with her pink balloon.

• Cabbage Patch Kids – Adventures in the Park (prototype) – You play as Anna Lee, one of the Cabbage Patch Kids.

• Haunted Adventure III - Witch's Flight - You play as Jono Care, a school teacher by day and a witch by night.

• Ms. Pac-Man

• Tomb Raider: Mystery of the Scarlet Dragon (hack of Montezuma's Revenge) You play as Laura Croft.

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

• Ms. Galactopus

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

HONORABLE MENTIONS

NOTES

Posted (edited)

On 5/24/2024 at 9:27 AM, YexxenBlaster said:

Heart Like a Wheel (prototype), because the main character in the movie is female.

Thank you for your nomination!  It would make a stronger case if there were more evidence.  In the prototype game, do we see a female driver get into or out of the car?  Is there any mention of a female driver in the game's instruction manual, if it exists?  Let's put Heart Like a Wheel (prototype) under UNSURE for now and see what other evidence turns up.  

Spoiler

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

• Cabbage Patch Kids – Adventures in the Park (prototype) – You play as Anna Lee, one of the Cabbage Patch Kids.

• Ms. Pac-Man

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

• Ms. Galactopus

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

HONORABLE MENTIONS

UNSURE

• Heart Like a Wheel (prototype) – "because the main character in the movie is female."  Is there more evidence that the driver in the game is female?  

NOT A FEMALE LEADING CHARACTER

3 minutes ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Thank you for your nomination!  It would make a stronger case if there were more evidence.  In the prototype game, do we see a female driver get into or out of the car?  Is there any mention of a female driver in the game's instruction manual, if it exists?  Let's put Heart Like a Wheel (prototype) under UNSURE for now and see what other evidence turns up later.  

Reveal hidden contents

FEMALE PROTAGONISTS

• Ms. Pac-Man

FEMALE ANTAGONISTS

• Ms. Galactopus

FEMALE SUPPORTING ROLES

HONORABLE MENTIONS

UNSURE

• Heart Like a Wheel (prototype) – "because the main character in the movie is female."

NOT A FEMALE LEADING CHARACTER

It was based on a movie of the same name about a female racecar driver.

Hello, @Greg2600!  The Atari Protos page about Heart Like a Wheel (prototype) mentions your name as being critical to the game's research.  Are you available for comment?  What role does Shirley Muldowney play in this prototype video game?  Is she the protagonist (You are Shirley)?  Is she an antagonist (You are racing against Shirley)?  Or does she perhaps play a supporting role (You are Shirley's friend and she has asked you to race for her)?  Your thoughts, please.  We have very little information about this prototype.  Any help you can offer us would be greatly appreciated.  

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

Hello, @Greg2600!  The Atari Protos page about Heart Like a Wheel (prototype) mentions your name as being critical to the game's research.  Are you available for comment?  What role does Shirley Muldowney play in this prototype video game?  Is she the protagonist (You are Shirley)?  Is she an antagonist (You are racing against Shirley)?  Or does she perhaps play a supporting role (You are Shirley's friend and she has asked you to race for her)?  Your thoughts, please.  We have very little information about this prototype.  Any help you can offer us would be greatly appreciated.  

The prototype was found and we were unsure of its background.  Some believed it was based on the Kenny Rogers movie Six Pack, but the drag racing theme seemed to me to be Heart Like A Wheel.  The programmer was unknown. 

Nearly a decade later, the programmer Jim Collas contacted Atari Protos out of the blue, and confirmed it was Heart Like a Wheel.  I actually was unaware of this, LOL.

All I can assume are that the levels are based on scenes in the movie.  You likely play the entire game as "Shirley," who races a variety of drag racing cars during that.  Potential "opponents" would have been Connie Kalitta or Big Daddy Don Garlits, her main rivals.

Edited by Greg2600
  • Thanks 1