IGNORED

Creating .st file for GoTek drive

Hi All,

This is driving me insane.

I'm trying to make a simple .st or .stx file to load onto a USB stick and work in my FlashFLoppy drive with the HcX software loaded.

I've tried the HxC image software but when I copy the .st and .stx files across to the USB stick, the FlashFLoppy doesn't see either images.

It's driving me nuts.

Is there a simple way o get a few .PRG files, create a simple disk image and load them on my ST via the FlashFloppy hardware?

FYI - I'd like to do this on a Mac if possible.

Thanks

macsonny

Well, for stx files, neither FlashFloppy nor HcX are compatible with stx files directly, unless something has changed recently. There are details somewhere on the HcX website with details on how to convert a disk image to an hcx file or hfe or whatever the native HcX format is. You can convert an stx file to this and it may work. I've done this successfully with some stx files. Your best bet is to find a non-stx version of whatever software you're trying to run and use that.

I'm not aware of any way to run individual files directly from a Gotek.

Also, you seem to be mixing some terminology. You mention HcX firmware and then a FlashFloppy drive. There is no such thing as a FlashFloppy. There are Gotek and Goex drives and there is HcX and FlashFloppy firmware available for both. Your drive will have one or the other installed, but not both. I have the registered version of HcX firmware on my Gotek, so that's what I've used. I don't have much experience with FlashFloppy. I also have zero Mac experience, so I can't help you there either, sorry.

What files/games/software are you attempting to get to run and not having any luck?

I have a GOEX that has FlashFloppy firmware installed, I simply format an SD card in Windoze FAT32

and copy .st files onto it, then mount whichever .st file I want, boot my ST and the disk is there as D1:

For .PRG files, I use NetusBEE to copy onto ST via a USB stick, the Ethernet on my NetusBEE doesn't

work any more otherwise you can simply copy files directly to the ST via a browser interface from your

PC, I assume it would also work on a MAC as there's no software on the PC/MAC, just uses whatever

browser you use. The software is on the ST.

11 hours ago, macsonny said:

Hi All,

This is driving me insane.

I'm trying to make a simple .st or .stx file to load onto a USB stick and work in my FlashFLoppy drive with the HcX software loaded.

I've tried the HxC image software but when I copy the .st and .stx files across to the USB stick, the FlashFLoppy doesn't see either images.

It's driving me nuts.

Is there a simple way o get a few .PRG files, create a simple disk image and load them on my ST via the FlashFloppy hardware?

FYI - I'd like to do this on a Mac if possible.

Thanks

macsonny

Do you have a linux machine?

You can use tools from the Hatari emulator to create .ST files.