IGNORED

Hey Atari, how about an reboot of M-Network Super Challenge Football?

bigfriendly

Pretty much keep the gameplay exactly the same but add punts, FG's and team stats after the game. Maybe slow the game clock down but keep it running in between plays like it would in a real game. You could also make it possible to run out of bounds to stop the clock like real football. I would buy a 2600+ just to play this game on a modern TV. I understand that a good single player option might be hard to do but that would be great and would obviously make it more appealing to buyers. And if anybody within a 300 mile radius of Carroll County Georgia wants to play me lets meet halfway and I'll spank your ass like it's the 1980's all over again😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We do not know for sure if Atari picked up Super Challenge Football in its M Network acquisition. Although I think we can safely assume that all three M Network sports games were included in the "over dozen dozen" games.

Now even if Atari did get the Super Challenge Football rights, I do not know if that gives Atari the rights to make a new game with that title.

I do have a suggestion for your videos that could really make them pop. If you began and ended each video with a big ole "War Eagle," I think your videos would do better.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I do have a suggestion for your videos that could really make them pop. If you began and ended each video with a big ole "War Eagle," I think your videos would do better.

Pretty bold words coming from a Prairie View A&M fan.

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

We do not know for sure if Atari picked up Super Challenge Football in its M Network acquisition. Although I think we can safely assume that all three M Network sports games were included in the "over dozen dozen" games.

I think Atari got everything that wasn't licensed from a 3rd party?  (no Burgertime, Kool-aid man etc)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzip said:

I think Atari got everything that wasn't licensed from a 3rd party?  (no Burgertime, Kool-aid man etc)

All we know is that it was over a dozen games, and that Astroblast, Frogs and Flies, Armor Ambush, Space Attack, and Star Strike were included.

If it had been exactly 12 games, I think we could have surmised it was the exact same 12 games that were in Atari Vault. Since it was over 12 games, we have no real good idea what they are exactly.

I would be willing to bet money that International Soccer, Super Challenge Baseball, and Super Challenge Football were included.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Living Room Arcade said:

I LOVE Super Challenge Football!  It's AWESOME!   

Personally, I don't mind the lack of field goals and punt returns.  I like the game just the way it is. 

All I would wish for to improve this game would be some decent AI and a one player mode!  

It doesn't have to have actual punt returns added. I was thinking of something like the 2600 Realsports version where the punt and FG are actually the same play. It's really just random on how far it goes when you kick the ball but if it makes it to the back of the endzone and stays close to the middle you get 3 points. That alone would add a tremendous amount of additional strategy to the game. Imagine you're around midfield and it's 4th and 5. Do you risk it or kick it away to pin your opponent deep in his own territory?

Edited by bigfriendly
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 12:37 PM, jeremiahjt said:

All we know is that it was over a dozen games, and that Astroblast, Frogs and Flies, Armor Ambush, Space Attack, and Star Strike were included.

If it had been exactly 12 games, I think we could have surmised it was the exact same 12 games that were in Atari Vault. Since it was over 12 games, we have no real good idea what they are exactly.

I would be willing to bet money that International Soccer, Super Challenge Baseball, and Super Challenge Football were included.

Super Challenge Baseball - I seem to recall really liking it, except no 1 player mode and it's missing the short stop.  

image.jpeg.ca1620a3ba13b78d01e659be6c327c18.jpeg image.jpeg.b61417529e3ccda68f654d83f1223166.jpeg

But overall I'm very happy to hear about this acquisition of the M-Network games, which are all excellent IMO!  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 2