IGNORED

Mikie for Atari 8-bit computers

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Magic Knight said:

Can you check on an XEGS at the same time also (in XEGS mode in Altirra for instance or on real hardware).  Would be great if this could be fixed also,

We need somebody with real XEGS to check the next version v1.10.

We want to remove the last bugs before we will publish it.

Edited by vega123

1 hour ago, vega123 said:

Cool, I'm happy to run it through its paces. I've completed the game on emulation and will be happy to report back. 

Happy for you to PM me etc. 

On 5/6/2024 at 7:27 PM, Magic Knight said:

Anyone think of a reason why this would be?

Could you tell a bit more about your XEGS configuration? Have you got a game ROM? What kind of RAM extension (CompyShop / RamboXL / other?) and size (original XEGS has 64KB)? Other extensions or devices?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, mono said:

Could you tell a bit more about your XEGS configuration? Have you got a game ROM? What kind of RAM extension (CompyShop / RamboXL / other?) and size (original XEGS has 64KB)? Other extensions or devices?

I've got Stock 64k PAL Xegs with 512k Rambo added  (576k total)  (Jurgens mod which is a delightful addition) 

No other memory add ons, just s-video out from Gtia through passive resistors 

Using SDdrive or A8Pico or SIo2Pc to launch games  (xex or Atr files are easiest to trial)  

Let me know if you need any other info, 

Thanks 

Richard 

Edited by Magic Knight
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mono said:

Where I can find more info about bits used to select bank?

@tf_hh can you help with this please? 

Mono -   I think it just the XEGs aspect that a problematic - what ever is unique with this over 65XE or 130Xe and maybe  not the ram expansion.  as Alttira XEGS emularuon seems to dislike compy/u1mb and native imdb regardless of ram module. 

7 hours ago, vega123 said:

I have two stock XEGS, but strangely both are NTSC. 🫥

On 5/7/2024 at 12:24 AM, Beeblebrox said:

Sure. 

Like Steril707 mentioned earlier, get an Avgcart. It gives you extra ram among other things. :)

Wow! I was looking for something like this. I thought that SIDE³ does something similar, but it turned out that in the videos shown, the board already had a memory expansion.

Thank you very much for the information!

2 hours ago, LessNick said:

Wow! I was looking for something like this. I thought that SIDE³ does something similar, but it turned out that in the videos shown, the board already had a memory expansion.

Thank you very much for the information!

No worries. So a side3 and u1mb combo (the latter being the internal expansion you are likely referring to) gives you a lot of functionality. U1mb gives you a huge amount of extras, on top of just a ram expansion). 

However, sounds like the avg or perhaps subavg carts, (latter being the latest one) is what you are after. Totally depends what you wanna do with your Atari, what you wanna run, etc etc. :)

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, vega123 said:

no..problem..v1.10 works fine with NTSC now

I do not see the 1.10 version for download anywhere, but anyhow, just wanted to report that 1.09 fails on the MiSTer FPGA core in a rather interesting way during the "teeth" loading screen. And  the "damage" is permanent, the game loading does not get through this to the game. It is most certainly an issue with the FPGA implementation, but I though you might want to know ;) 

IMG_1317.jpg

Edited by woj

12 hours ago, woj said:

I do not see the 1.10 version for download anywhere

He's probably talking about the v1.10 that he and his associates are the only ones with access to, atm.

10 hours ago, MrFish said:

He's probably talking about talking about the v1.10 that he and his associates are the only ones with access to, atm.

Yeah, thats what he was talking about, at least I think thats what he was talking about, but I am not absolutely sure if thats what he was talking about or maybe not talking about... anyways keep talking!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Yeah, thats what he was talking about, at least I think thats what he was talking about, but I am not absolutely sure if thats what he was talking about or maybe not talking about... anyways keep talking!

Thanks for reminding me what happens when I type half awake. Anyway, it looks like you're the one who inserted the extra "talking about" in my quote, now. :D

• Like 1

Now we are testing v1.10...it seems it's works fine on NTSC...and also works very well on XEGS  now

I am waiting for some new screens from KAZ which we want to add them to this version.

Then we publish it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Reading the slow down note- That's a strange one, normally NTSC plays/runs faster than PAL. Is there a code distribution position causing NTSC to go slower?

60fps on NTSC so the game is slower, 50fps on PAL

Posted (edited)

60 kph is faster than 50 kph. Almost all older software written in PAL and then brought to NTSC always ran too fast on NSTC. Electraglide etc. Timers ran too fast as well. Doors opened and closed to fast on platformers too. That's why I wondered why what is normally faster is now slower. Is it a misunderstanding of translation (as we talk). Is it a matter of code distribution across frames? comparing them side by side on real hardware is something I can't do at the moment

Edited by _The Doctor__

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

60 kph is faster than 50 kph. Almost all older software written in PAL and then brought to NTSC always ran too fast on NSTC. Electraglide etc. Timers ran too fast as well. Doors opened and closed to fast on platformers too. That's why I wondered why what is normally faster is now slower. Is it a misunderstanding of translation (as we talk). Is it a matter of code distribution across frames? comparing them side by side on real hardware is something I can't do at the moment

it' true but only if we can draw all in one frame...MIKIE needs more frames to draw all

Edited by vega123