IGNORED

SuperDan new Bullet Hell

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce my SNES game currently in development.

It's a bullet hell on SNES inspired by Dodonpachi.

I've made quite a bit of progress, and I still have a few things left before I have a complete game loop, after which I can concentrate on game design and pixel art.

The game will have 7 levels + extra stage and a time attack.
You have as weapons, shooting, laser and bombs.
I would like to create an easy bullet hell, a lot of this type of game is complicated and elitist, and I would like as many people as possible to be able to play it especially since I find shmup is an interesting genre to play, so you will always start with armor which can take a certain number of bullets.

And as I like to respect the constraints of the time, the game will therefore fit on 512 KiB.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello and welcome!

I've never been a shmup guy (well, unless Galaga counts...). Sometimes one will lure me in with its nice graphics & music, but then kicks my ass and I quickly become impatient. So the idea of one with a gentler difficulty sounds appealing.

All those floating pink bullets remind me how a friend would call them "salt water taffy" in Sunset Riders.

image.thumb.png.99ceec65772bde29ee1013e8c4ba027d.png

• Like 1

Interesting concept. I usually suck at shmups so can't complain about an easier approach.

I like the ship design, feels like a mix of Fire Stingray from F-Zero and Axelay, which is unsurprisingly always a plus.

• Like 1

Greetings, Kannagi-chan,

as a Super NES/SFC enthusiast, I have to commend you for managing to produce what looks like a decent product at the moment. Granted, this is still a work in progress, but this will shape up to be a high-quality title. The Super NES could use more Shmups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your feedback, yes if I present it, there is a good chance that I will finish it :)

I've been programming on the SNES for 10 years, and I think I've finally found the right method to be able to make somewhat ambitious games on it ;)

My ultimate goal would be to make an A-RPG, But I think I'll make a few games first before diving into that.
I think the next one will be a Final Fight style Beat Them Up.

• Like 4