IGNORED

Anybody need a replacement label for the 30th Multi's?

CPUWIZ

Searching for something and discovered these, not a ton but I have no more use for them.

Send me a PM and I'll send you one for shipping, given you have the cart(s).

IMG_6110.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Searching for something and discovered these, not a ton but I have no more use for them.

IMG_6110.jpeg

My Vol 2 label is good. I just need a Volume 1 that is attached to a Volume 1 cart. 🤣

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

My Vol 2 label is good. I just need a Volume 1 that is attached to a Volume 1 cart. 🤣

Same here buddy. Maybe some day. I did see a Volume 2 on ebay recently, which I was somewhat surprised by.

Hmm, I'll see if I still have the file for the MC1, that maybe on a machine that isn't online.  My whole house is full of PC's and Mac's from various decades. 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

Ya, I know the guy who was selling it. He had some plumbing issues and sold his Bob D multicart and his Vol 2 to help fund the repairs. 

oofa. You can pry that and my GITD Baby Pac Man from my cold, dead hands.

(Seriously though, money trouble sucks, you gotta have hot water and a working toilet....still....)

2 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Hmm, I'll see if I still have the file for the MC1, that maybe on a machine that isn't online.  My whole house is full of PC's and Mac's from various decades. 😅

Wiz if you can and we get get new carts me and Groundtrooper can stop echoing in every thread about these carts! XD

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GoldenWheels said:

Wiz if you can and we get get new carts me and Groundtrooper can stop echoing in every thread about these carts! XD

I have parts for hundreds of 7800 carts, just not sure about the 1MB image we made. 

6 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

I need a Volume 1 cart as well. Same as you guys, I have a Volume 2.🙂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I need a Volume 1 cart as well. Same as you guys, I have a Volume 2.🙂

I knew this comment was coming. This subject has been brought up in a couple of other threads over the years. 😉

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

IMG_6110.jpeg

Sorry, @CPUWIZ, quality was way too high from the get-go. 

Maybe an inferior build quality would need replacing, but all of mine are still minty fresh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

I knew this comment was coming. This subject has been brought up in a couple of other threads over the years. 😉

So far, I count three sales, if a new batch were possible.🙃

• Like 1

I can double check mine later but I believe the labels are still in good shape on mine? If you do decide to make up a few more @CPUWIZ, would they possible be 'fixed' versions to correct for the errors present in the others on some games? Like the shields lock up glitch in Bob's cart with Space Invaders and the invisible enemy sprites on Moon Cresta for instance? I seem to recall you stated at the time it was an issue with the eproms or something? 

I can't remember what the exact issues where on the other carts but I know that the Choplifter rom is the glitchy one that pretty much goes cattywampus within a few seconds of starting the game. Pretty sure that has been figured out to be a buggy revision of the game on some consoles vs indicating an issue with the eprom burning or issue with the consoles themselves causing it.

18 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I have parts for hundreds of 7800 carts, just not sure about the 1MB image we made. 

Wiz I know with this kind of homebrew stuff, it is can be a matter of time, supplies, and want to, more than any $$$ made. There is no real expectation from me on ever actually getting a #1 but you legit have a few sure purchases in this thread! It would fit in great with all the other cool shit you've worked on over the years that is on my shelf.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I can double check mine later but I believe the labels are still in good shape on mine? If you do decide to make up a few more @CPUWIZ, would they possible be 'fixed' versions to correct for the errors present in the others on some games? Like the shields lock up glitch in Bob's cart with Space Invaders and the invisible enemy sprites on Moon Cresta for instance? I seem to recall you stated at the time it was an issue with the eproms or something? 

I can't remember what the exact issues where on the other carts but I know that the Choplifter rom is the glitchy one that pretty much goes cattywampus within a few seconds of starting the game. Pretty sure that has been figured out to be a buggy revision of the game on some consoles vs indicating an issue with the eprom burning or issue with the consoles themselves causing it.

I wouldn't make a revised Bob cart, without talking to him first.  Which reminds me, I really need to send him an email.

If someone has the Choplifter ROM that is fixed, post it here, because I don't even remember that and if that's the case I have to make a new ROM image anyway. 🤪

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

14 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

I wouldn't make a revised Bob cart, without talking to him first.  Which reminds me, I really need to send him an email.

If someone has the Choplifter ROM that is fixed, post it here, because I don't even remember that and if that's the case I have to make a new ROM image anyway. 🤪

I have Vol 1.  It would be cool to get a fixed version.  I assume the collections have been tried on an emulator?  Do they exhibit the same problems?  I can't really think of a better use for all those parts than for @PacManPlus games, but perhaps a digital release of some sort would be possible?    

24 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

You know what? I'm not remembering it right with Choplifter. I think what was found out, is that the choplifter carts that don't bug out, have a revised PCB but the actual rom is the same. I thought there was some fairly recent discussion about this in the Backbit.io forums. @evietron was able to release a FW for the BackBit Pro cart that allowed Choplifter to work on all consoles, by remapping port 2 to be used vs port 1 on the console. I can't recall why this was but I'm pretty sure that was the workaround for the bug in the ROM that was found.

Yeah I went back through the BBPro thread on this and it was found that an extra resistor was installed in the fixed carts to address the issue. So the ROM is the same, but a hardware fix was used to correct for it. Kinda like the BallBlazer carts that have extra caps and resistors in them to address glitching/flickery graphics in some 7800s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 3:32 PM, GoldenWheels said:

oofa. You can pry that and my GITD Baby Pac Man from my cold, dead hands.

(Seriously though, money trouble sucks, you gotta have hot water and a working toilet....still....)

Labels look good on my #1 and #2. I do have the other Glow in the Dark Baby Pacman 2/2! As you get older, at some point and time you have to think about selling your collection.

PXL_20240503_125524393~2.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yeah I went back through the BBPro thread on this and it was found that an extra resistor was installed in the fixed carts to address the issue. So the ROM is the same, but a hardware fix was used to correct for it.

Do you have the link, or know what data / address line and resistor value?  I am assuming it is either a pulldown or pullup.

26 minutes ago, GaryH917 said:

Labels look good on my #1 and #2. I do have the other Glow in the Dark Baby Pacman 2/2! As you get older, at some point and time you have to think about selling your collection.

PXL_20240503_125524393~2.jpg

There must have been more that 2 GITD Baby Pac-Man Carts because I have one. I wanted the Baby Blue but was too late and the glow was my #2 choice. image.thumb.jpeg.a88864949ce2a784134b2a288e37a443.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

Do you have the link, or know what data / address line and resistor value?  I am assuming it is either a pulldown or pullup.

The initial info was actually in these forums. But in a nutshell it was found that earlier made 7800s and very late made 7800s didn't have a problem with the game. But the A3 series units of which are most of the 7800s out there, required a hardware fix that was done on later made Choplifter carts that added a 150Ω resistor off the +5 to the ROM.

What Evie did was patch the rom I believe so that it used controller port 2 instead of 1 and as long as you didn't press anything on controller 1, the rom she released would work fine on all consoles.

• Thanks 1