IGNORED

Anybody need a replacement label for the 30th Multi's?

CPUWIZ

5 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

You know what? I'm not remembering it right with Choplifter. I think what was found out, is that the choplifter carts that don't bug out, have a revised PCB but the actual rom is the same. I thought there was some fairly recent discussion about this in the Backbit.io forums. @evietron was able to release a FW for the BackBit Pro cart that allowed Choplifter to work on all consoles, by remapping port 2 to be used vs port 1 on the console. I can't recall why this was but I'm pretty sure that was the workaround for the bug in the ROM that was found.

Yeah I went back through the BBPro thread on this and it was found that an extra resistor was installed in the fixed carts to address the issue. So the ROM is the same, but a hardware fix was used to correct for it. Kinda like the BallBlazer carts that have extra caps and resistors in them to address glitching/flickery graphics in some 7800s.

:thumbsup:

Attached is some captures (*.png) and the schematic (*.pdf) for the CO24926 32K PCB, thanks to Dan Boris. 

It demonstrates the various revisions of the board, including the latest with the resistor in place.

This helps to visualize the issue and differences, showing exactly where the extra resistor was mounted.

CO24926.thumb.png.408b2d9d059ced0cc837d0fa058c32ba.pngC024926.pdf

• Like 1

15 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

There must have been more that 2 GITD Baby Pac-Man Carts because I have one. I wanted the Baby Blue but was too late and the glow was my #2 choice. image.thumb.jpeg.a88864949ce2a784134b2a288e37a443.jpeg

Oh ho maybe Bob made an extra for you since the blue was gone? I thought they were ALL 2 of 2s.

A0udGDM.jpg

GITD is still the best one! 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoldenWheels said:

GITD is still the best one! 😁

I love my baby blue cart, but have to agree with you. The GITD was my first choice, but they were gone by the time I sent my PM.

IMG_4872.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

There must have been more that 2 GITD Baby Pac-Man Carts because I have one. I wanted the Baby Blue but was too late and the glow was my #2 choice. image.thumb.jpeg.a88864949ce2a784134b2a288e37a443.jpeg

I believe you have the Partial Translucent cart. Not sure what the difference would be compared to the Glow in the Dark carts?

Screenshot_20240503-193326.thumb.png.8822e5b3cf8c5e9c257c572c0f9cc582.png

3 hours ago, GaryH917 said:

I believe you have the Partial Translucent cart. Not sure what the difference would be compared to the Glow in the Dark carts?

Wow, painful, AA on 4G.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GaryH917 said:

Interesting. I have always thought mine was a GITD. It definitely has some GITD capabilities/properties. 

IMG_6933.jpeg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, GoldenWheels said:

Looks like Bob didn't clean his 3D printer between batches! XD

(that blue glow is cool af actually)

AFAIC, this is homebrewing at its best. An amazing port (and only home console version that I'm aware of) placed onto homemade carts with CPUWIZ goldplated boardscool colors and/or GITD/Translucent versions. A great all-around effort to get this initial set of carts to the community. Don't misunderstand, I love CIBs and purchased a CIB of Baby Pac, but the homemade cart is My Precious.

Note: The GITD and Translucent carts are Grrreat. 🙃

BP_1.jpeg

• Like 5