IGNORED

If you are posting from a VCS say "Hi"

Welcome to the syndicate...I, uh, mean family...of those seeking world VCS domination.😁  Not posting from my VCS as I only use it for games, but greetings nonetheless.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

WOAH!!

AM I THE ONLY VCS POSTER???

ATARI SHOULD GIVE ME FREE STUFF!!

HAHA

I couldn't leave you out there all alone. While I use my VCS800 mostly for emulation, I am posting this from my VCS800 via PC Mode (Windows 10). Congrats on your purchase. I've downloaded several of the Recharged games, as well as several homebrews in support of our amazingly talented devs. I recently added the Official Atari M.2 SSD drive to my unit and immediately took advantage of the extra storage. I needed more space to accept the Atari 50 update as well as, to purchase a couple more games.🙂

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

VCS_DD.jpeg

VCS800_Altirra.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I couldn't leave you out there all alone. While I use my VCS800 mostly for emulation, I am posting this from my VCS800 via PC Mode (Windows 10). Congrats on your purchase. I've downloaded several of the Recharged games, as well as several homebrews in support of our amazingly talented devs. I recently added the Official Atari M.2 SSD drive to my unit and immediately took advantage of the extra storage. I needed more space to accept the Atari 50 update as well as, to purchase a couple more games.🙂

YES!!!

Members of VCS Brotherhood...

- Crazy Climber

- sramirez2008

haha

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Just got my VCS up and going, pretty fun. Feels like the old days again haha

Now to see what I can do with it I guess :) 

I know that others have had issues with particular consoles. FWIW, I never encountered any issues. However, it is true that it will take quite some time to update the system, when you first set it up.

Again, congrats and happy gaming!

15 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Not to derail this thread, but I recently picked up this Zenith CRT. I know you'll appreciate it.

Oh man, a nice clean Space Command with the original remote!! Very nice 😃 Solid reliable TVs too! 

12 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I know that others have had issues with particular consoles. FWIW, I never encountered any issues. However, it is true that it will take quite some time to update the system, when you first set it up.

Again, congrats and happy gaming!

Yeah, mine temporarily got stuck in the "constant update" cycle but I rebooted it with a keyboard plugged in and that seemed to solve it. Have had no problems since but really haven't done much but go on atariage and play a few classics...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Yeah, mine temporarily got stuck in the "constant update" cycle but I rebooted it with a keyboard plugged in and that seemed to solve it. Have had no problems since but really haven't done much but go on atariage and play a few classics...

I have Stella, Altirra and A7800 emulators loaded. Also have a couple of adpators from 2600-daptor, 5200-daptor which allow me to use original controllers.

I like that you can easily switch to PC Mode. 

17 hours ago, JLee said:

Posting from my VCS800, running Linux Mint on PC Mode, have a 1TB SSD installed, 32GB Kingston Fury RAM.

Welcome to the VCS Posting club!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Walnut VCS with 250GB SSD user here, posting through Firefox using the Ubuntu OS.  I always wanted to "get serious" with using a Linux distro but I ran into incompatibilities with my main laptop that were deal breakers.  The VCS was an inexpensive (and stylish, might I add) way to get that ball rolling with compatible hardware.  I'm slowly turning it into my new "daily driver".

I still only have 8GB of RAM yet as I'm hunting around the house for any sticks of RAM I might have from the old laptop.  I have fired up Steam and played "Bastion" on here without any issues.

Edited by Gamemoose
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2024 at 5:41 PM, JLee said:

Posting from my VCS800, running Linux Mint on PC Mode, have a 1TB SSD installed, 32GB Kingston Fury RAM.

On 5/7/2024 at 7:58 PM, Gamemoose said:

Walnut VCS with 250GB SSD user here, posting through Firefox using the Ubuntu OS.  I always wanted to "get serious" with using a Linux distro but I ran into incompatibilities with my main laptop that were deal breakers.  The VCS was an inexpensive (and stylish, might I add) way to get that ball rolling with compatible hardware.  I'm slowly turning it into my new "daily driver".

I still only have 8GB of RAM yet as I'm hunting around the house for any sticks of RAM I might have from the old laptop.  I have fired up Steam and played "Bastion" on here without any issues.

HELL YEAH VCS BROTHERS!!!

Posting from mine right now, this ancient APPLE keyboard/mouse combo has got to go though hahaha

• Like 2

• 1 month later...