IGNORED

Atari 2600 Cubis homebrew by Eckhard Stolberg 1997 - Thread

Posted (edited)

I PM'd with @Eckhard Stolberg Mr. Stolberg to ask for game instructions for his homebrew, Cubis, which I could not find.

He was kind enough to reply and he asked me to share the information with everyone, so I made this thread.

Type A, B and C Games in Cubis

Mr. Stolberg wrote, "The playing modes in Cubis were modeled pretty much exactly after the Gameboy version of Tetris..."  

Here is the Game Boy Tetris manual for your reference. 

Tetris_-_Manual_-_GB.pdf

Type A Game - A one player game.  A test of your endurance where you must try to get the high score by completing as many lines as possible.  (See page 7 in the Game Boy manual.)  

TypeA_300x225.jpg.84ab2777079f33dc11ac4e4d89d7fdc5.jpg Cubis Type A Game

Type B Game - A one player game.  The object is to complete 25 lines.  (See page 8 in the Game Boy manual.)  

TypeB_300x225.jpg.85e7c4c1c504e5350d06d7325af3195d.jpg Cubis, Type B Game

Type C Game - A special 2-Player mode developed just for the Game Boy version of Tetris.  (See page 10 in the Game Boy manual.) 

TypeC_300x225.jpg.be5699ef163b4d6fe389740347aa0bac.jpg Cubis, Type C (2 Player) Game

A game is won by being the first player to complete 30 lines, or by pushing the opponent's lines all the way to the top of their playing field.  There is also some special interaction in the Type C game, as follows: 

• If you complete two rows at once, add one row your to your opponent's lines.
  • If you complete three rows at once, add two rows to your opponent's lines.
  • And if you complete four rows at once (called a "TETRIS"), add four rows to your opponent's lines.  

Thank you, @Eckhard Stolberg, for sharing with us these game instructions for your great Tetris Atari 2600 version, Cubis!  

Edited by Living Room Arcade
  • Like 1