IGNORED

CX78+, 7800 carts delayed

THX-1138

2 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

TBH I cant comment on the XP line. Thats all Atari. I'm more involved in the 'wide release' 2600 and 7800 lines. And there are certainly more of those coming.

Now that's good news.  Can't wait.

4 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I'm more involved in the 'wide release' 2600 and 7800 lines. And there are certainly more of those coming.

Assuming it’s possible, I would selfishly love to see an Asteroids dip switch multicart. I’d like to see it include the original 7800 and 2600 ROMs as well as, the Flashback 2 Arcade Asteroids ROM.

I love Asteroids, so this would be an insta-buy for me, but I realize others may not really care, and I get it.

IMG_5292.jpeg

• Like 7

Just now, sramirez2008 said:

Assuming it’s possible, I would selfishly love to see an Asteroids dip switch multicart. I’d like to see it include the original 7800 and 2600 ROMs as well as, the Flashback 2 Arcade Asteroids ROM.

I love Asteroids, so this would be an insta-buy for me, but I realize others may not really care and I get it.

IMG_5292.jpeg

I hear you brother, lets see what happens.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I love Asteroids, so this would be an insta-buy for me, but I realize others may not really care and I get it.

IMG_5292.jpeg

I'd buy this. I've mentioned an Asteroids collection previously too. I need to check out the Flashback 2 Arcade ROM. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 5:31 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

Yes, I just shipped Outlaw and Mr Run and Jump XP to Atari. Box art by Butcher Billy for Outlaw is insanely good in my opinion

Some noticable differences to the XP packaging vs the regular 'wide release' 2600+ games;

1. Y fold shrinkwrap

2. Foil backed surface print

3. Embossed game logo on front of box

4. Embossed Atari logos on spine

5. Full colour printed instruction manual

See the video for the differences.

They ripped the seal right off! That was mesmerizing! I could watch that video all day! lol.

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I need to check out the Flashback 2 Arcade ROM.

It’s not a big change from the original. The Asteroids have a more “Vector” look to them, instead of popcorn. Otherwise, I believe rest is the same.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Asteroids multicart would be awesome!!!!!

See how many exclamation points I used! 😆

Yeah we've talked about multicarts with 2600 and 7800 games on them, but factory said increased cost and I do think our pricing needs to not increase for carts (unless it's something extra special).

Plus we would then be putting a cart onto the market that wouldn't fully work with an original 2600.

Neither points insurmountable if the offering was awesome, but you get what I mean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Yeah we've talked about multicarts with 2600 and 7800 games on them, but factory said increased cost and I do think our pricing needs to not increase for carts (unless it's something extra special).

Plus we would then be putting a cart onto the market that wouldn't fully work with an original 2600.

Neither points insurmountable if the offering was awesome, but you get what I mean

Understood. 

1 hour ago, atariman72 said:

A release of the 7800 Asteroids would be an instant purchase here, then I could finally retire my ageing original 7800 with it built-in.

7800 has built in Asteroids? Whaaaat!

Edit: 7800 PAL?

Edited by MrChickenz

1 hour ago, atariman72 said:

A release of the 7800 Asteroids would be an instant purchase here, then I could finally retire my ageing original 7800 with it built-in.

Even a single rerelease of Asteroids 2600 version and a 7800 version. That would be awesome!!!!!!

Not sure if that’s doable.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

TBH I cant comment on the XP line. Thats all Atari. I'm more involved in the 'wide release' 2600 and 7800 lines. And there are certainly more of those coming.

I am praying for all the games that i cant afford without selling my kidneys...

And i know i keep begging for Ikari Ikari Ikari, but theres gotta be a lot of titles to pull from, Alien Brigade, Scrapyard Dog, Midnight Mutants featuring any old man you want, and i'm sure there are a few prototypes worth eventually getting a crack at to finally bring to the masses, finished or near finished ones too...

Oh i'm also sure Dark Chambers would be fun, Secret Quest is a no brainer... not enough red label love anyways... lets fix that!

I wonder if atari doesnt own the rights to Air Raid... is it even as much as a copy of the game for the rights to it? Red Sea Crossing, maybe a novelty boxset of all the Adult games including the Mature Violent titles like TCM Halloween and Alien Brigade for charity...

I believe in atari...

• 4 weeks later...