IGNORED

Happy 44th anniversary Pac-man

Probably my least liked and played of the high profile games during the golden era of arcades.

The weird thing though... I'm just about sure I first heard of (and possibly saw) it as "Ghost Muncher" on a radio ad or something - but that game supposedly only exists as a dual bootleg with Galaxian so was probably never authorised by Namco.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Did he ever mary Ms. Pacman ? I do not think so, a wedding was never officially announced.

Still he made her pregnant and Pacman Junior was born several months later.

And then, instead of marrying her, he went on an ego-trip and became Superman, errm, Super Pacman.

What an egoistic and ego-centric asshole.

Besides, where is Ms. Pacman today? Left outside alone with hundreds of Pacman children and living in poverty and from social care.

And you are celebrating Pacman ? Unbelievable...

• Haha 4

I remember putting many quarters into the Pac Man machine at our college town bar. At some point they upgraded it to the modified version that had more screens.  There was a phenomenon back then called "Pac Man elbow (or wrist)" yup, I had that.   We were all Comp Sci people and were fascinated by what micros could do at the time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gibstov said:

On the topic of Pac-Man.  We never did get a port of Pac-Land for the Atari.

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=1906

crap, never mind.. I really need to read which forum I’m in before I post. Pac-Land would have been a great addition to the 8bit library if released. 

17 hours ago, Gibstov said:

We never did get a port of Pac-Land for the Atari.

From @Jetboot Jack's old pages "A series of concept pieces that were made to present to Grandslam Entertainment in the UK whilst trying to secure the Pacland license. Each screen was created with sprites designed to work 100% on the real 8bit. Only initial screen structure coding was completed on this title, the mockup screens below as real character set and Player Missile screens on the XE, but I’ve been unable to locate the files to date…"

• Like 2