IGNORED

Nightdive Dives Into The Thing: Remastered | Deep Dive Episode 1

PowerDubs

Just watched it, pretty good stuff!

I enjoyed the segments where the developers openly give their opinions on gaming in general, etc. Very refreshing, honestly.

When it comes to the next games I want to see Nightdive handle/remaster, I'd love to see them do a proper re-release of the three TimeSplitters games. I need those, on God.

Once again this topic should be moved to "Modern Gaming". I know Atari is publishing the game, but "Atari General" should be used for subjects that concern Atari directly as a company imho (new IP and company acquisition, financial results, etc.)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Once again this topic should be moved to "Modern Gaming". I know Atari is publishing the game, but "Atari General" should be used for subjects that concern Atari directly as a company imho (new IP and company acquisition, financial results, etc.)

"Once again this topic should be moved to "Modern Gaming"- absolutely not.

You said it yourself- Atari is involved, as well as Atari owning the company.  The Fuji is the first thing you see in the trailer video.

Heck- it's not even a modern game...

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Another day, another annoying PDubs advertorial.

Oh look...a troll is back.

Don't like the thread?  Don't click.  Oh wait... then how can you act like an 8 y/o? 

You think you are being funny... you are just making yourself look stupid.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I can't wait for Converse news to drop in Atari General since there were many pigeons excited about the Atari Converse Box VCS Prototype. 🤣

• Haha 1

It's kinda funny how huge fans of Monolith the people at Nightdive are lol.

But I totally get it, F.E.A.R. deserves a proper re-release. Same with the Condemned games.

Sucks that Monolith is stuck in doing games related with WB properties now.

6 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

Heck- it's not even a modern game...

"Modern Gaming" means modern platforms to me, not modern games - it's a retrogaming forum ffs. Also we're on AtariAge, a lot of things are related to Atari here. Should we post about every game that happens to be released on the Atari VCS in "Atari General" as well? It's already stupid to post that kind of news in the "Atari VCS" section imho, since most games are not exclusive to the VCS anyway.

And I'm not the only one to think that way; someone had created a topic about The Thing Remastered in "Modern Gaming", since they had missed yours in the wrong section:

Which reminds me you had already created a topic about that game, but OF COURSE you had to create a new one for another piece of information. I'm even surprised you didn't create a topic to announce Yars' Rising's release date. 🙄

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

"Modern Gaming" means modern platforms to me, not modern games - it's a retrogaming forum ffs. Also we're on AtariAge, a lot of things are related to Atari here. Should we post about every game that happens to be released on the Atari VCS in "Atari General" as well? It's already stupid to post that kind of news in the "Atari VCS" section imho, since most games are not exclusive to the VCS anyway.

And I'm not the only one to think that way; someone had created a topic about The Thing Remastered in "Modern Gaming", since they had missed yours in the wrong section:

Which reminds me you had already created a topic about that game, but OF COURSE you had to create a new one for another piece of information. I'm even surprised you didn't create a topic to announce Yars' Rising's release date. 🙄

Have you even watched the video and read the actual thread? They also talk about a variety of topics aside from The Thing Remastered in the video. They even cover the Intellivision buyout and a couple of other topics.

Also:

-It's an old game

-Being republished by Atari

-The thread is in the Atari GENERAL

What more do you want? 

If the discussion gets you this peeved, just don't click on the thread.

Edited by TopDrawer
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Maybe we'll be blessed with a new "No One Lives Forever" game.

Hope so, but it seems the series is in this weird legal limbo, where different companies own a stake of the franchise (WB/Monolith, Fox Interactive, whoever owns Sierra). It's a mess.

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Which reminds me you had already created a topic about that game, but OF COURSE you had to create a new one for another piece of information.

I'm even surprised you didn't create a topic to announce Yars' Rising's release date. 🙄

I put the Yars' rising release date in the Yars' Rising thread.

I put the news of a new, episode #1 NightDive video series in it's own thread....because it's not just about the Thing game.

But OF COURSE... rational thinking is difficult for some of you.

• Thanks 1