IGNORED

One thing that is a huge improvement over the original 7800

And much brighter!  Connecting my 7800 to any modern TV for some reason it was dark. It was difficult to see certain sprites and shots fired. If I adjusted the brightness on the TV the picture would be washed out. I didn’t use my 7800 much because of this.

The 2600+ looks great on modern TVs in 2600 or 7800 mode. I now can see those sprites and shots on my games very clearly!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

And much brighter!  Connecting my 7800 to any modern TV for some reason it was dark. It was difficult to see certain sprites and shots fired. If I adjusted the brightness on the TV the picture would be washed out. I didn’t use my 7800 much because of this.

The 2600+ looks great on modern TVs in 2600 or 7800 mode. I now can see those sprites and shots on my games very clearly!

Does your 7800 have an A/V mod?  A friend of mine modified mine, and at first everything was darker, until he took it apart again and made some kind of brightness/color adjustment.

1 hour ago, Marc Fiorillo said:

Does your 7800 have an A/V mod?  A friend of mine modified mine, and at first everything was darker, until he took it apart again and made some kind of brightness/color adjustment.

No mod on mine, but I will see if there is a brightness adjustment. Thank you for the info.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

IIRC I understand thanks need to go to @Trebor for his colour palette work and of course @raz0red @RevEng for implemtation.

My pleasure.  I have worked on the 7800 NTSC and PAL palettes.  For the 2600, it has only been for NTSC. 

Coincidentally, I believe I read, there appears to be some issue(s) with the PAL side of 2600.  Happy to take a look at that too. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Trebor said:

My pleasure.  I have worked on the 7800 NTSC and PAL palettes.  For the 2600, it has only been for NTSC. 

Coincidentally, I believe I read, there appears to be some issue(s) with the PAL side of 2600.  Happy to take a look at that too. :)

I am happy how the PAL palette looks for 2600/7800 since it got changed the last time, many thanks!

Now just a few 2600 PAL60 carts need to be patched to use the PAL palette 🤗

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 2

plus once public updates come out, i imagine the benefit of being able to play games like Robot Tank, Space Shuttle and supercharger games on a 7800 compatible someday, it's nice to know we might have the possibility of full compatibility to some extent at the very least.