IGNORED

Long overdue comparison shot of the new cartridge port vs. a NOS.

CPUWIZ

1 hour ago, KainXavier said:

Question, will there be some kind of revision # on the packaging and/or the unit itself to indicate it has a new cartridge slot?

This would be handy, also selling some boards here for users to upgrade at home too.

As a tester of the new slot I can say that it was initially tricky, but not too bad to swap the board. The new slot is fantastic, really worth the upgrade. Absolutely flawless for me so far. 

• Like 3

On 7/28/2024 at 4:44 PM, KainXavier said:

Question, will there be some kind of revision # on the packaging and/or the unit itself to indicate it has a new cartridge slot?

I really hope so, as I want to get a second unit to replace my real 7800 in the living room (once the Trakball is supported😉) and want to make sure I get the new socket.

@Ben from Plaion What about a Vader Rev2?

When I took it appart, I could see that of course only two parts need to be replaced🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

😉

@Ben from Plaion What about a Vader Rev2?

When I took it appart, I could see that of course only two parts need to be replaced🤔

Yeah all these things get talked about all the time - it's just is it possible to turn it into a commercially viable product.

Our instant imagination for new products to play with it at odds with the frustrating length of time it takes to actually ship a physical product to market.... but we are trying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...