IGNORED

SOLD Atari 2600 game lot untested over 100 games

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunately i think this was a scam.

I paid 10 days ago and i have not received a tracking number or any messages.

this guy has been on AA multiple times since July 8 and has not responded to my PMs.

• Sad 2

Oh no, I hope not, for your sake. I see in some of this persons other listings, that they have sold stuff, course don't know who bought stuff, but makes one wonder if they got there items or not. Sorry to hear it if it is a scam.

The account gekido_ken was hacked, and this user has been scamming AtariAge members. 

I have banned the account and sent PM warnings to everyone he interacted with in the PM system.  He was trying to sell an X-Man cartridge to multiple people, for instance.  Looks like he hacked the password, logged in, changed the password, changed the email address, and changed the 2FA questions.  He was also using VPNs to mask his location.  

IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR ACCOUNT TO GET HACKED, DO AT LEAST THESE TWO THINGS:

1) Use a strong, random password that is unique to AtariAge.  Use a password manager if you're not already doing so!

2) Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), which you can do here: https://forums.atariage.com/settings/account-security/

Also, if you're using an email address that bears a very close resemblance to your username, I suggest changing that as well to something that cannot easily be guessed, which is likely what happened in this case.

If you sent money to this person via PayPal, hopefully you did not use Friends & Family, as that will make it easier to recover your money.  I would IMMEDIATELY dispute the payment, and hopefully if enough people do that, they will close that particular PayPal account. 

Also, please read this announcement if you have not done already done so:

https://forums.atariage.com/announcement/6-be-aware-of-scammers-click-to-read/

..Al

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...