IGNORED

The Official ZX Spectrum Thread I guess

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Everyone involved is aware from social media posts about this matter.

I'll pass your message on to my colleague who manages RGL products at Plaion.

Thanks. I hope this'll heighten the progress on bringing the Speccy to the US, since coding books on the ZX Spectrum can be distributed to the US. Especially since I was able to get a couple ZX Spectrum coding books through Amazon US and stuff.

My ZX Spectrum Omni 128 arrived yesterday! What a great thing it is. It certainly looks the part and works like you would expect!

It came with a card "set up" but I didn't like how it was set up at all. So I made my own. It seems it is only compatible with esxdos v0.87 as anything higher (v0.89 is the latest) does not boot. But, no big deal to me. It works perfectly and I set up a card with long filename support and enabled joystick navigation. 

Probably all simple things for folks who live and breath the Speccy, but for me on the other side of the world it is all alien :)

I've been playing a bunch of these games and demos and I am really thoroughly impressed. I would have *loved* to own this little miracle back in the 80's.

Great to see The Spectrum will finally bring the experience to everyone soon as well.

PXL_20240918_210155948.jpg

• Like 1

By the way, who owns the rights to the Timex Sinclair models, in particular 2068? Not that I'm expecting RGL or anyone else to do a variant in silver, in particular as it required custom ROM to be ZX Spectrum compatible anyway, and I suppose the retro gaming community in America may be just as well (or more) familiar with the ZX Spectrum as the 2068 model.

Just in: RGL announced THEGAMEPAD, styled to match THESPECTRUM but will of course work with any system accepting USB.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Games-The-Gamepad-Black/dp/B0DH1SJ88M

I don't associate the ZX Spectrum with game pads at all, but since one already existed for THEA500, I suppose it was low hanging fruit to re-skin it in black.