IGNORED

GREAT DEAL $399 Rare 1983 Gamex X-Man Atari 2600 Adult Game GX-001

Posted (edited)

Rare 1983 Gamex X-Man Atari 2600 Adult Game GX-001 w/Manual & Box - Excellent Condition

For sale is a vintage Gamex "X-Man" cartridge for the Atari 2600 video game system and the Sears Tele-Games Video Arcade. This item has been stored in dry conditions for over 30 years and is in much better than average condition. It comes with the original manual and box.

Details:

• Brand: Gamex
  • Title: X-Man
  • Platform: Atari 2600
  • Condition: Excellent, well-preserved
  • Includes: Cartridge, Manual, and Box

Feel free to ask any questions.

Price: $399 (shipping included)

ATARI GAME (2).jpg

ATARI GAME (3).jpg

ATARI GAME (4).jpg

ATARI GAME (1).jpg

Edited by gekido_ken
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, atari181 said:

Thought that was found to not always be the case. IIRC, Dark blue always NTSC, but light blue can be either? 

I would weigh a light blue one, that appears to be NTSC and compare it to Chase The Chuckwagon's weight. If it is close to the same, it has an EPROM inside and may not be real.

I've owned both a PAL and NTSC version of this CIB and I remember a few differences 

- The PAL box says PAL on the side (see pic)

- one of the manuals is black and white while one of them is color (cant remember which is which)

- the cart sticker is different shades of blue

- I also thought the PAL one says "universal gamex" somewhere on the box or manual instead of "gamex" but I might be wrong on that...

I'd be especially careful with this one since one of the OPs other for sale posts had a (somewhat rare) reproduction game listed as an original. He stated he was unaware it was a reproduction and I'm not challenging that, just saying there is always a chance he's unaware this is a reproduction too (especially if there is signs like a lighter cartridge sticker typically found on PAL format but the game is NTSC) 

Screenshot_20240715-064710_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e201b5e0ae5044a1ca64520b922e5748.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, the PAL version box also says "international edition" on the front...

Screenshot_20240715-184822_eBay.thumb.jpg.498746e0e58fad8c10b84bf73daca421.jpg

And as far as I can tell the black and white instructions come with the PAL version...

Screenshot_20240715-184830_eBay.thumb.jpg.4fa3283cd901cbdf115c73282cb73e30.jpg

Every CIB (PAL) picture ive pulled up has had black and white instructions...

• Like 2

The account gekido_ken was hacked, and this user has been scamming AtariAge members. 

I have banned the account and sent PM warnings to everyone he interacted with in the PM system.  He was trying to sell an X-Man cartridge to multiple people, for instance.  Looks like he hacked the password, logged in, changed the password, changed the email address, and changed the 2FA questions.  He was also using VPNs to mask his location.  

IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR ACCOUNT TO GET HACKED, DO AT LEAST THESE TWO THINGS:

1) Use a strong, random password that is unique to AtariAge.  Use a password manager if you're not already doing so!

2) Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), which you can do here: https://forums.atariage.com/settings/account-security/

Also, if you're using an email address that bears a very close resemblance to your username, I suggest changing that as well to something that cannot easily be guessed, which is likely what happened in this case.

If you sent money to this person via PayPal, hopefully you did not use Friends & Family, as that will make it easier to recover your money.  I would IMMEDIATELY dispute the payment, and hopefully if enough people do that, they will close that particular PayPal account. 

Also, please read this announcement if you have not done already done so:

https://forums.atariage.com/announcement/6-be-aware-of-scammers-click-to-read/

..Al

• Thanks 1