IGNORED

It's finally coming. GTA III on Dreamcast

Yakumo1975

• 3 weeks later...

Why? Why bother porting a PS2 game to a slightly inferior system?

I get the appeal of bringing a version of a game to a vastly inferior platform, because the limitations involved will require creative solutions that will change the game.

And I get the appeal of porting old games to modern platforms to take advantage of modern conveniences.

But why on earth would anyone need to play GTA 3 on a Dreamcast? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, famicommander said:

I get the appeal of bringing a version of a game to a vastly inferior platform, because the limitations involved will require creative solutions that will change the game.

And I get the appeal of porting old games to modern platforms to take advantage of modern conveniences.

I think there's some kind of redemption in that case since GTA3 was initially developed on the Dreamcast, then moved to the PS2 when it was clear the DC was doomed. That being said, I agree that it looks like they do it because they (think they) can, mostly.

Edited by roots.genoa

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2024 at 12:00 PM, famicommander said:

Im all for it but it would be awesome if the project had the blessing of Rockstar, or even better, input from there (I know, hell would freeze over first.) I think there's enough nerds out there who would shell out a lot of money for an official copy of the game, and if it was actually good.

what's crazy is Grand Theft Auto 2, as simplistic as it looks, was considered a really ground breaking and awesome game when it was released on the Dreamcast. I can't imagine GTA3 being squeezed onto a Dreamcast disc. I am sure: fewer pedestrians, fewer cars, more fog, longer load times, more slowdown. wonder if the cutscenes will remain intact