IGNORED

I'M ADDICTED TO SONIC MUSIC!

Jasoco

I AM! I am completely and utterly addicted to all Sonic music from the first 5 Genesis games. (Includes Sonic CD. Even though I've only listened to Sonic Boom.)

I need to find them all!

I've been downloading them off Poisoned (Limewire, Kazaa, etc..) but can't get them all! Is there somewhere to get them all? ALL OF THEM?? I NEED THEM ALL!!!! :D

Upsampling low resolution audio and compressing it with *PEG compression is always a bad idea. Meh... Winamp 2.X can spit anything it plays out as a WAV file, and that can be compressed into an MP3 file...

I prefer OGG files, though. Do any decent pocket digimusic players do OGG?

Not many. No good ones at least. People keep begging Apple to put it in the iPod, but so far not yet.

I've never played an OGG, and only play what iTunes plays. It's fine for me.

So what is the deal with Sonic CD.. I've always partially heard that the U.S. version supposedly fucked up and changed all the original music. So the U.S. version for example has caribbean music in the first stage, whereas the jap version has more "sonic" sounding music? What is the full scoop on this anyway? :? :)

p.s. I'd have no problems on hearing these tunes on mp3 or any format. Not like I'll be blasting these things anywhere besides these tiny $10 walkman speakers on my pc.. so compress away! :lol:

I downloaded the Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack and copied my US Sonic CD onto the harddrive,then edited the US Music out and put in the Japanese tracks,slapped a European label on it and now I have a custom Sonic CD.Its cool,cause the cartoon intro still uses the US 'Sonic Boom' song (because it loads it into the RAM from the data part of the CD instead of streaming off the CD)Also ,I recommend downloading Sonic 2 beta for a Genesis emulator.The music is slightly different (just hold down A then press Start to access the level menu:check out track 8E...its a slight variation of the end level boss theme...I love that one :) )

I downloaded the Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack and copied my US Sonic CD onto the harddrive,then edited the US Music out and put in the Japanese tracks,slapped a European label on it and now I have a custom Sonic CD.Its cool,cause the cartoon intro still uses the US 'Sonic Boom' song (because it loads it into the RAM from the data part of the CD instead of streaming off the CD)

That sounds cool.... I wouldn't mind getting a copy of that.

I never knew they changed the music in the US version.

If I ever wanted to get game music for games I allready had I'd probably consider doing what chrisbid sugested before downloading stuff...a lot of what you're going to download is just going to to be remixed stuff....though I could swear I found some website with remixes where the auther posted originals along with them... I think I found it through sonicHQ.

[edited cuz I made an error in a link]

They have some GREAT sonic tunes at:

http://remix.overclocked.org

Little Blue Bastard is Great!!!

:thumbsup: Purists seem to hate it for some reason, but I'm a 70's baby and a child of the 80's and these remixes make me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. I love the Mega Man, Sonic, Castlevania, and FF remixes the most.

I downloaded the Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack and copied my US Sonic CD onto the harddrive,then edited the US Music out and put in the Japanese tracks,slapped a European label on it and now I have a custom Sonic CD.Its cool,cause the cartoon intro still uses the US 'Sonic Boom' song (because it loads it into the RAM from the data part of the CD instead of streaming off the CD)

Hey, that sounds like a cool idea! I could get a Sonic CD US and just play an edited copy. I still never played the US though. Hopefully soon. I wonder where Starscream is.

Also ,I recommend downloading  Sonic 2 beta for a Genesis emulator.The music is slightly different (just hold down A then press Start to access the level menu:check out track 8E...its a slight variation of the end level boss theme...I love that one :) )
Where can I find the ROM for that? Guess I gotta Google.

They have some GREAT sonic tunes at:

http://remix.overclocked.org

Little Blue Bastard is Great!!!

:thumbsup: Purists seem to hate it for some reason, but I'm a 70's baby and a child of the 80's and these remixes make me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. I love the Mega Man, Sonic, Castlevania, and FF remixes the most.

Have you heard the Zelda 1 dungeon remix?That one's kinda kool ,too :)

Anyone know where I can now get Sonic 2, 3 and Knuckles music? They're the best ones. (Genesis at least.)

That was a great link, liveinabin. Anyone have the Sonic CD songs in MP3 format? I can't get these things into iTunes. And if I could, I'd never be able to use them on an iPod, which I will probably get soon.

Let me check Version Tracker for an OGG converter.

Edit: Found one. It's Beta, and allows me to play in iTunes. I hope it works fine. And I hope Apple impliments OGG playing into iTunes and the iPod soon so we don't have to use hacks.

Screw it.

I just used iTunes to convert all the Sonic CD songs from that link into MP3 and they came out the same sound quality but 20MB smaller in size.

Screw OGG. I don't need this Plug-in! I don't see the appeal of the OGG format. Why everyone makes a big deal out of it.

Either way, I still wanna get Sonic 2, 3 and S&K music. The original. If anyone knows where to get it, let me know. I can't believe it's not on that one link that has the first game.

You guys say Winamp as if it's a good MP3 player. This is not Windows I'm on, guys. You should know that.

I want MP3's. Real music. Or iTunes plugins. One or the other.

Since you're on a Mac, have you taken a look at Audio Overload from Richard Bannister (the guy that ports almost 80% of all emulators for the Mac.. I'm exaggerating, but it seems that way most of the time) ?

http://bannister.org/software/ao.htm

From the site:

Audio Overload is a video game music player for the Macintosh.

This program began life as a Nintendo NSF music player named BNSF/MacOS. It has been rewritten substantially since, however, and now it can play not just NSF files, but also GBS (Gameboy), SNDH (Atari ST), SPC (Super NES), GYM (Genesis), VGM (Sega Master System) and SAP (Atari XL/XE) music. Support for play lists is included, as is transparent decompression of RAR and GZIP archives. Audio Overload also includes a specially designed interface by PB1400c.