IGNORED

Songbird Public Lecture #2

Brek Martin

12 hours ago, Brek Martin said:

Anyway, This is not how a sensible conversation is progressed, and I have already stated that the purpose of this thread isn't to converse.

Not to beat a dead horse, and I’m fine with locking the thread, but if the purpose of the thread wasn’t to converse (even though this is a forum), then I must assume your purpose was to insult and slander another member of this forum. Which I think is super gross, hence my response. As you like to correct people’s definitions, to the dictionary!

Forum: 

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

"it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"

If you just wanted to yell at clouds and have us fawn over your “contributions”, maybe do it on your Facebook page or on Twitter.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Not to beat a dead horse, and I’m fine with locking the thread, but if the purpose of the thread wasn’t to converse (even though this is a forum), then I must assume your purpose was to insult and slander another member of this forum. Which I think is super gross, hence my response. As you like to correct people’s definitions, to the dictionary!

It could be considered talking down to people in saying that I'm not only talking to people posting in the thread, but people who could be reading who may or may not share biases that I perceive of those posting. For me, this is the first time something quite like this has happened.

I'm happy for the thread to be closed, and also have to be happy for anyone to see this in future, whether they be related to any platform or not, right where I was accused of slander. Lock the thread at your leisure please.

slander
/ˈslɑːndə/
noun
Law

1. the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Edited by Brek Martin

Been following this trainwreck for a bit. Any purchase consists of an offer, acceptance, and consideration.  In this case there was an offer, acceptance, and consideration (money) with a counteroffer. This counteroffer was not accepted. Plain and simple. One can complain that it was reasonable and proper, but that makes no difference.  

7 hours ago, Want2beunique said:

Been following this trainwreck for a bit. Any purchase consists of an offer, acceptance, and consideration.  In this case there was an offer, acceptance, and consideration (money) with a counteroffer. This counteroffer was not accepted. Plain and simple. One can complain that it was reasonable and proper, but that makes no difference.  

But then Brek should receive the game. Which he hasn't AFAIK.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Want2beunique said:

Why do you write like Brek? 👀

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Intelligence, or lack thereof.  I’m still determining if opening myself up for personal attacks is worth me engaging. I would simply request the product be sent. He can then try selling it on eBay for $200-$300 with three “rare” in the title. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Want2beunique said:

Intelligence, or lack thereof.  I’m still determining if opening myself up for personal attacks is worth me engaging. I would simply request the product be sent. He can then try selling it on eBay for $200-$300 with three “rare” in the title. 

Okay, on a scale of zero to Brek you seem like a "not Brek".

What I want to know is where's Zorek?

cartoon network 90s GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 42bs said:

Hony soit qui mal y pense!

It is Honni ;)

But to be honest, I just asked my 20 years son if he already have heard or read this old french expression, and it is the first time he hear it. So congrats for having better french culture than young french people :D

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fadest said:

It is Honni ;)

But to be honest, I just asked my 20 years son if he already have heard or read this old french expression, and it is the first time he hear it. So congrats for having better french culture than young french people :D

Oh, sorry. In German, we have a similar saying. But I guess my 23year old son will not know it either. :(

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fadest said:

It is Honni ;)

It's British culture too ;)

• Like 1

Man I'm pissed!  I saw this title, having not seen one post inside and thought Carl was giving some kind of public lecture maybe in combo with ZeroPage HB.  Wishful thinking I guess... 🙄

I'm like, wow I must have missed the first one and now they're having a second one I'm missing!  Fomo!

Guess I learned my lesson. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

There's only one Brek in this thread.

If Alpine Games arrived in the post, that wouldn't address the first issue which most people seem to agree is more black & white.

6 hours ago, Want2beunique said:

If Alpine Games arrived, and I sold the cart on eBay, I no longer consider that I have any right to the backup, and we are back at square one,

although I'd have been made whole with regard to the second transaction if I destroyed the cartridge, there would be no issue, and I'd not have posted anything about the second transaction.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I need not answer someone who has stated on Discord that a purchase from Songbird should be considered a donation to the developer.

It's a retail website that I purchased from. I don't donate to Toyota to encourage the manufacture of new vehicles either.

A troll paints someone black because they are too angry or stupid to reconcile both good and bad in a person.
When you're angry at someone you must ignore the good in them, and focus on the bad in order to process anger.
There's trolling in the thread going on for sure.

I have pointed out some of what I percieve to be bad behaviour, and have stated my reasons,
while continuing to be honest about what I percieve to be the truth that Songbird has happy customers,
Carl is a talented and competent programmer, and wrote a good game, and I know that it would take some years with the Lynx to do it.
I have also been ripped off twice!
You can be a hobbyist and a business owner at the same time, but you can't quite present as both to the community at the same time,
or you will be percieved at trying to have your cake, and eat it too.
Carl isn't doing this at all in my view, but your silly comment casts him in that light.

Edited by Brek Martin

12 hours ago, Fadest said:

In fact, it is british, from the time french was the common language in european nobility, and british were trying to invade France (Hundred Years' War)

It's anglo-norman laguage, an old french language that it somewhat still readable today, and that the british monarchy kept using for a few centuries.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LordKraken said:

I offered MicroVaders a single criticism of the storyboard. it's a waste of time in my view.

That guy's head should exist in a shooter if you can shoot it, but like Carl said, you can push a button and skip it quickly.

For Cosmo Cats, I don't know what's happening with the falling bricks having top left origin instead of centre origin.

Cosmo Cats is a tragedy to me. MicroVaders is a better program, but I was a fan of Dynablaster for Amiga, and then Bomberman for Sony PSP,

and these clones are marketed directly to the nostalgia, and the reason for buying a Lynx in the first place.

I can only see it on YouTube, and it is captured the way I expect it should be running on Lynx. You have been ripped off too as a matter of fact.

No mechanism exists for me to buy this, even before me making this thread. Am I a troll or a truth teller or both? You figure that out champ.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

A bad game, your call, but a tragedy seriously?

I tried, but failed, to communicate: It's not as good a program as MicroVaders, nor Alpine Games,

but achieves more successfully my compulsion to buy it for the purest of reasons.

I am convinced by the clone of the game, to be taken back to the past.

Not just a little bit mind you, but by a mile.

But it is unfortunate, it would be incorrect of me to say something isn't right about my experiences, and then go do the same thing obviously.

Edited by Brek Martin

27 minutes ago, Brek Martin said:

I tried, but failed, to communicate: It's not as good a program as MicroVaders, nor Alpine Games,

but achieves more successfully my compulsion to buy it for the purest of reasons.

I am convinced by the clone of the game, to be taken back to the past.

Not just a little bit mind you, but by a mile.

But it is unfortunate, it would be incorrect of me to say something isn't right about my experiences, and then go do the same thing obviously.

FFS That isn't exactly English either.

The same integrity I require of others has also put me in a bind, so that I can't buy Cosmo Cats.

But I like, and want to buy Cosmo Cats much more than the first two games.