IGNORED

New Atari 7800+, Wireless Controllers and 2600/7800 Games Announced

Albert

29 minutes ago, Clint Thompson said:

You’ve got to be in the minority / low exception of those to dislike it. I’ve never heard anyone dislike the large logo version.

There are many threads where people have gone out of their way to get a PAL 7800 shell just for that reason.

there may be such threads but they would be the minority, some people put giant racing fins and stripes on japanese cars and have forums dedicated to it but majority of people still find it aesthetically unpleasing. both the logo & rainbow look out of place on the euro version because it wasn't originally designed with those oversized dimensions in mind thus it looks like a cheaply/poorly implemented afterthought rather than a balanced redesign, i would be willing to bet if there were a poll started that the majority and maybe even around 70% or higher would prefer the original

Edited by joshua

This is some exciting news. 

I still haven't picked up the 2600+ yet, as I was waiting until the holidays to do so. 

By all accounts, the 2600+ and 7800+ seem to be exactly the same under the hood. My childhood memories are more directly tied to the 2600, so i'm still leaning in that direction. 

Would there be any disadvantage to sticking with the 2600+ over the 7800+? 

And any chance for a controller mega bundle for the 2600+ as well?

Either way, I'm happy to see all these announcements. Congrats to everyone involved!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bakasama said:

Why would insult Bob like that.

Man, Activision back in the day made some of the most awesome games.  Granted, in the 80s Electronic Arts published some of the best games around as well.  Weird they're still around, but just keep churning out trash.

3 minutes ago, SmittyB said:

I'd be all over a Video Music+. Somebody call up Jeff Minter and get him to make VLM 4.

You haven't lived until you get a chance to fire up a Video Music. Its still a hit at our Atari Parties.

image.jpeg.94f98677136f56b31106def969974f8b.jpeg

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

You haven't lived until you get a chance to fire up a Video Music. Its still a hit at our Atari Parties.

image.jpeg.94f98677136f56b31106def969974f8b.jpeg

WOW!  This is so DEVO! I think this is one of the coolest peripherals they developed.  Can we get a Video Music+ for HDMI?

Oops, I didn't see that @SmittyB beat me to the Video Music+ comment.  Touche...

Edited by Bitsized
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bitsized said:

WOW!  This is so DEVO! I think this is one of the coolest peripherals they developed.  Can we get a Video Music+ for HDMI?

Oops, I didn't see that @SmittyB beat me to the Video Music+ comment.  Touche...

Ha, actually it was me that suggested it.  I still need to acquire a Video Music box... I have just about everything else Atari has made...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First and foremost - congrats to Bob!

While I still have reservations about Atari, it's great to see Bob's hard work getting proper recognition and increased distribution.

And at only $30 a pop, I will happily show my support for Bob by buying Atari-published versions of the games he developed.

Once they're actually shipping.

Speaking of ordering...

8 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

I also need to Pre-Order this plus all of the games.

Wait a minute... are you being serious? :ponder: 

If Atari's not sending you freebies for single-handedly tripling the number of 7800 games they're offering - shame on them. :thumbsdown:

45 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

It DOES mean a lot to me.... and it did make me smile seeing Bentley Bear in the commercial; I had no idea they were going to include it as a pack in.  Thank you!!! :)

Seems to me Atari needs to work on their communication skills a little bit too. :roll: 

- Nathan

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

Wait a minute... are you being serious? :ponder: 

If Atari's not sending you freebies for single-handedly tripling the number of 7800 games they're offering - shame on them. :thumbsdown:

15 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

Seems to me Atari needs to work on their communication skills a little bit too. :roll:

I would like to say that I'm sure Bob will get copies of the games, but the situation is a bit more complex than it may appear from the outside, but it's not for me to reveal why. 

..Al

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

As would I :) 

I also need to Pre-Order this plus all of the games.

I would seriously hope you got all of them on the house. If not, that's a little disappointing but business is business I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1