IGNORED

Sega CD...worth looking into?

Ten years ago I got ahold of a Sega CDx' date=' which is basically a "Genesis DUO" ecept about the size of a portable CD player...[/quote']

Don't forget the JVC X'Eye / Wondermega... same idea' date=' except looks more like a console. I might end up getting one of these just so I can use one less power outlet in the end... cripes...

--Zero[/quote']But hte X'Eye isn't a Diskman too.

It could be... It COULD be... Just get a back pack with a portable generator. Voila! X'Eye Discman! ;)

But does it have the pretty control buttons and a headphone jack? :)One only needs to fashion a makeshift Audio port that connects to the AV port. Sure, you can't tell what you're choosing without a screen, but what do you want?? ;)I concede the point. :)

I like deep quotes.

Anyways... the CDX definitely has a slight edge over the X'Eye as far as coolness goes... and the fact that it's nice and tiny is a plus or someone with as little space as I have. But I probably would never actually use it as a discman (since I already have a perfectly good (and smaller) discman).

--Zero

If you have the 32X/CD versions of the certain games, they can do even MORE colors. Of course, there are only a few CD/32X hybrid games. Or so I'm told. 6 I believe. MUST. COLLECT. THEM. ALL!!!

Only Sega CD/32X game I've seen is Farenheight (sp?) Kind of an interesting game. I don't have the cable to hook up the 32X to the genesis (or is it SegaCD?) So I haven't ever tried the 32X version of the game. I'd assume it'd remove some of the choppiness of the game, and have better colors myself.

Farenheight

Wirehead

Scottie Pippen

Night Trap

Corpse Killer

Supreme Warrior

As I understand it.

Shouldn't be too hard to collect all those. I better get looking!

Ten years ago I got ahold of a Sega CDx' date=' which is basically a "Genesis DUO" ecept about the size of a portable CD player...[/quote']

Don't forget the JVC X'Eye / Wondermega... same idea' date=' except looks more like a console. I might end up getting one of these just so I can use one less power outlet in the end... cripes...

--Zero[/quote']But hte X'Eye isn't a Diskman too.

It could be... It COULD be... Just get a back pack with a portable generator. Voila! X'Eye Discman! ;)

But does it have the pretty control buttons and a headphone jack? :)
One only needs to fashion a makeshift Audio port that connects to the AV port. Sure, you can't tell what you're choosing without a screen, but what do you want?? ;)I concede the point. :)

I like deep quotes.

Anyways... the CDX definitely has a slight edge over the X'Eye as far as coolness goes... and the fact that it's nice and tiny is a plus or someone with as little space as I have. But I probably would never actually use it as a discman (since I already have a perfectly good (and smaller) discman).

--ZeroSo do I.

Anyways, since I don't have a Diskamn, a CDX would be really cool for me.

Or a TGCD, sine I seem to recall them being usable as standalone units.

I actually would prefer to have the X'eye first. I like big consoles. Bulky consoles are easier to spot and catch peoples eyes better. I can take pics and have people say "What's that thing?" easier than if it was a tiny little thing.

That's not to say I wouldn't jump on the chance to have a CDX too. But if I had a choice. Especially since X'eyes seem to go for less on eBay than the CDX's.

• 1 month later...
Wow, I totally forgot about some of the decent games for this system! Back in my 386 days, Stellar 7 and Rise of the Dragon were killer! Maybe I should pick up one of these after all...  

Some questions of my own:

1. Is "Panic!" (Also known as "Switch" I think) any good? I saw this game in a magazine, and it looked awesome... it's one of those games that made me think "Boy, if I ever get that system, I'll be all over that game!", like Mario All-Stars.

Yeah, that game's very very funny, although you have to take a lot of notes, since everything in the (electronic) world has gone nuts, and you're basically put into a scene and given a keypad, and pressing a button will either cause something weird or funny to happen or take you to another scene. So you have to write down what every button on every scene does in order to catch all of the gags; other than that, there really isn't anything to do, "game"-wise, since it's not exactly a game. If you can find one that you think is decently-priced (I don't know what it would go for normally), I'd pick it up, it's pretty funny. You can find a pretty lengthy review of it here:

http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/panic/

Also, on that main Review of the Week page, the same guy did a review for the Sega CD (just ignore the error of saying it was for the arcade/2600, it's actually the Sega CD) version of Stellar 7, which was actually called Stellar-Fire for the Sega CD. (I like the photo of the babe in that one as well :))

A week ago after reading about Panic! on a site, I tried to win one on eBay. It was the only one. I missed it, but it is now on my list. It looks actually more entertaining than a lot of the Sega CD games I have. Right up there with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which I occasionally put in just to laugh at how dated it is. And memorize the theme song to terrorize myself.

A week ago after reading about Panic! on a site, I tried to win one on eBay. It was the only one. I missed it, but it is now on my list. It looks actually more entertaining than a lot of the Sega CD games I have.

That's cool, at least people are putting it up for grabs here and there. Yeah, it's "entertaining", all right! Taking a bunch of notes is tedious though, but in the long run it's worth it, since you can show it to your friends years later to trip them out.

Right up there with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, which I occasionally put in just to laugh at how dated it is. And memorize the theme song to terrorize myself.

Heh, I guess we all need a hobby...? :)