IGNORED

Sudden "No Game Detected" messages on all games; bent contact???

4_T_n

I think one of the contacts in my 2600+ suddenly bent today. I was playing games as normal, and suddenly started getting "no game detected" errors on every cart. I tried the games on my OG six-switcher and they worked fine, so I went back to the 2600+ and examined the contacts in the slot. Sure enough, one appears bent. I'm attaching a pic and you can see a pin in the lower middle set pushed up. I'm pretty careful about cleaning and maintaining my carts, so I went back and checked out the contacts on the games I was using this morning, and all appear fine. I have no idea how this could have happened. Anyone else have a 2600+ with a bent contact following seemingly regular play? I've only had the 2600+ since last month. I'm devastated that it appears broken already. Anyway to fix it?

PXL_20240825_131438061.jpg

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

I'm too broke to listen to your pleases.

Well, time to sell some girl scout cookies, setup a lemonade stand or something... 

Those Ikari Warriors 7800 carts ain't buying themselves. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Well, time to sell some girl scout cookies, setup a lemonade stand or something... 

Those Ikari Warriors 7800 carts ain't buying themselves. 

thats nice of you to sell cookies and lemonade for me so you can buy me ikari warriors. I appreciate this.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

thats nice of you to sell cookies and lemonade for me so you can buy me ikari warriors. I appreciate this.

Well, I did manage to get this cartridge about a month ago from australia, for half of what it goes for in the US.

So put an ebay watch up is what I would suggest, and just keep your eye on it.