IGNORED

First Intellivision game from AtariAge

Hi all!

It is my great pleasure to announce that my port of Akalabeth for Intellivision will be available at the PRGE 2024.

I've completed the quest imposed on me by the mighty Lord British and Lord @Albert in order to retrieve this JPG of the final box from the darkest dungeons! :grin:

The cover art is by Denis Loubet who did the box art for the first Akalabeth game for Apple II, and the box has been created by @BitJag.

The music of the game has been composed by @Nyuundere .

Enjoy it!

INTV_Akalabet_Render_Boxes_for_promo.thumb.jpg.e79aacc6b942a5a9233e0e0040b2a797.jpg

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 3

In my youth when I moved away from Intellivision to PC games, eventually I became a *HUGE* Ultima fan -- and Akalabeth was the seed from which all those incredible games sprouted.

This is going to be awesome!!! Thank you for undertaking this quest, Oscar. Send our thanks to Al, too! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nanochess said:

Hi all!

It is my great pleasure to announce that my port of Akalabeth for Intellivision will be available at the PRGE 2024.

I've completed the quest imposed on me by the mighty Lord British and Lord @Albert in order to retrieve this JPG of the final box from the darkest dungeons! :grin:

Enjoy it!

INTV_Akalabet_Render_Boxes_for_promo.thumb.jpg.e79aacc6b942a5a9233e0e0040b2a797.jpg

Congratulations! 👏 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cjherr said:

Well, I won't be at PGRE, but as soon as it's available for sale to the rest of us, I'm there.

Thanks! Typically PRGE releases are available in Christmas at the Atariage Store.

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Excellent news Oscar!

Thank you for making this happen!

May we know how many copies are being made for this first release?

You know, it’s a relevant information for us, the PRGE orphans!🤣🤣🤣 

Plenty of copies for true Intellivision believers! 😉

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, wavemotion said:

@nanochess

Óscar - any possibility of there being a ROM for sale for those of us who enjoy dungeon crawling on our emulator devices? :) 

This is a possibility that Atariage is considering. Al has commented that the Atariage store first needs a revamp to handle digital downloads.

• Like 1