IGNORED

Jaguar improvement

mrlars

3 hours ago, mrlars said:

A GameDrive is kind of mandatory :) Buying games is just to much money and I already have 18 other consoles so space is kind of an issue aswell. How about hardware, have anyone installed something to improve sound or graphics? 

I would add

- 50Hz/60Hz switch

- Reset-Button

- Audio-Out

Depending on the TV/Screen you are using a Jag2SCART adapter or something like OSSC or RetroTINK. RetroTINK works for 4K TV sets, but cost a fortune.

14 hours ago, 42bs said:

I would add

- 50Hz/60Hz switch

- Reset-Button

- Audio-Out

Depending on the TV/Screen you are using a Jag2SCART adapter or something like OSSC or RetroTINK. RetroTINK works for 4K TV sets, but cost a fortune.

Audio and reset sounds great right of the bat, I usually use the Framemeister for all the other old consoles but I don’t think that will make much difference here.

The CD add on is just a bit to much, I already have two toilets at home 😂

Thanks for all the tips! Now I just need to get it working…

4 hours ago, mrlars said:

Audio and reset sounds great right of the bat, I usually use the Framemeister for all the other old consoles but I don’t think that will make much difference here.

The CD add on is just a bit to much, I already have two toilets at home 😂

Thanks for all the tips! Now I just need to get it working…

Why would you think the framemeister or any other upscaler wouldn't make as much difference on a Jag as compared to other consoles?

1 hour ago, madman said:

Why would you think the framemeister or any other upscaler wouldn't make as much difference on a Jag as compared to other consoles?

Fair enough, good point. I’ve actually had an old CRT until a few weeks ago when it died on me. So the Framemeister has been unused for years. 

50 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

It's important to have game drive, club drive, power drive and the CD drive in order to complete the Jaguar "drive" collection 😜

Well yeah but housing loans first, crazy collecting second 😂 They go for 500 USD now and with taxes plus shipping that’s in total 750 USD 😨

Edited by mrlars

-I would invest in Composite, S-Video or SCART cables. Playing retro consoles with RF is just junk. An upscaler would be good if you're playing on modern TV.

-See if you can find an aftermarket ProController.

-Maybe get a rotary modded three button controller for Tempest 2000, Rebootroids, Kobayashi Maru sessions.