IGNORED

Help Getting Sound to play on WinUAE for Sierra Adventures

Sharky

Ive been playing Police Quest 1 (orginal) using WinUAE and some other simpler ones such as Kings Quest 1, Space Quest 1, etc.

But the music/Sound doesnt play right or at all just annoying beeping flicking sounds coming thur the spaces telling you music is supposely to be playing, etc etc.

any configuration recommended for those "simple" adventures as my sound if alright with other advanced games on WinUAE.

WinFellow is good to use but I can't figure out how to Save States (no readme files or Ill deleted it in the past :?) but the sounds emulated good.

:?

any Ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

You should check out ScummVM for playing Sierra games. It doesn't work with all Sierra games yet, but most do.

The games work much better than any emulator could hope to do, since the interpreter itself has been ported. So the games actually run natively (or as natively as they did on the original platforms).

Steve

You should check out ScummVM for playing Sierra games.  It doesn't work with all Sierra games yet, but most do.

The games work much better than any emulator could hope to do, since the interpreter itself has been ported.  So the games actually run natively (or as natively as they did on the original platforms).

Sorry about my past posting. ScummVM is for LucasArts games. For Sierra games, try out FreeSCI.

Steve