IGNORED

Lynx RPG, help me!

Pixel

Hi there, I'm new here! :)

I'm pretty new to the whole Atari thing and bought my first Atari console (The Lynx) a few months ago. I only have 3 games at the moment and these are: Steel Talons, S.T.U.N. Runner and Xenophobe.

My question is, is there an RPG for the Lynx? I'm really into RPGs like Final Fantasy and Zelda and would love to have an RPG which is similar in style to the aforementioned games.

I am not entirely sure if the Lynx or it's games has a save function of any sort or is even capable of such a feature, so maybe the reason I can't find one is due to the fact that the system is incapable of hosting such a game.

But if there is one, please let me know! :)

Many thanks! :)

Welcome to the boards (and to the Atari scene in general) Pixel!

Unfortunately the Lynx doesn't have any RPG's like FF at the moment, although there is one slated for next year called Distant Lands which looks pretty good and it should make a perfect addition to the Lynx library. There is an unfinished RPG for the Lynx called Daemon's Gate that you can get from B&C Computervisions however. I'm not sure how far along they got with the game, but it is playable. The only other game I know of that is close to an RPG is Viking Child, which I like but it isn't a full-blooded RPG like FF, it's more of a 2D side-scrolling adventure game. Don't give up hope however, Distant Lands is just around the corner. :wink:

The Lynx is capable of having games with a save function (for example the upcoming Alpine Games should have one), but there are very few games equipped for such a thing. I'm not sure which ones do have an EPROM for game saving, anyone know which ones do?

First of all: Welcome and congratulations Pixel! You now own the most wonderful game console yet constructed by human beings - The Atari Lynx!! ;)

The Lynx is capable of having games with a save function (for example the upcoming Alpine Games should have one), but there are very few games equipped for such a thing. I'm not sure which ones do have an EPROM for game saving, anyone know which ones do?

SIMIS and T-tris.

Thanks for the help guys. :)

I'll look up Daemons Gate, sounds interesting! And please let me know of you hear any more about Distant Lands, I'm very interested in that! :D

I must admit I look forward to Distant Lands as much as I look forward to Alpine Games, maybe even more :D I think this game will be great! Chris Vick told me he is continuing to make great progress on the game. He is working on it every day and the game is constantly improving :)

Here is a preview from Atari Times: http://www.ataritimes.com/lynx/features/pr...stantlands.html

Xot - Thanks for that, I think I'll be buying that very soon! Bodacious! :D

SwedenLynxer - Thankyou for the welcome! And yes, the Lynx is my new pride and joy, I just wish I'd known how good it was sooner! lol! :D Thanks for the link to that review too, Distant Lands is exactly what I'm after and I just know it's going to keep me busy for months! :)

Can anyone confirm as to how complete or how enjoyable Daemon's Gate is?

It's something that really has me curious. However, if I spend the money B&C charges for it, I'd rather it have a few hours of solid gameplay in it. Anyone here own it and what is the consensus about it? Should I just save my money and wait for Chris Vick's "Distant Lands"?

the most powerful handheld yet constructed by human beings?hmmm,we

have the game boy advance/advance sp--pretty good unit--not an atari.

then we have the new playstation handheld to be unveiled at the e3 in may of 2004.it sounds to be very good! three inch cd or dvd disks with 1.6

gigabyte games on them.this on a handheld "and" from sony for use

with all ps one and ps2 games to boot?hmmm,sounds real intriguing.not

trying to slam atari or the lynx,but we already have 32 bit handheld units

now.i still rather love my lynx too,though.even though i do enjoy playing

"crazy taxi" and "namco museum" on my advance.--the lynxer

Yeah thats true but considering i'm on my 3rd Lynx collection (don't ask!) had a GBA and flash cart when they first came out, and still played my Lynx more, even though i could just download any game for the GBA? something about the Atari community that just keeps you involved/interested...who's putting what in my cake!?

then we have the new playstation handheld to be unveiled at the e3 in may of 2004.it sounds to be very good! three inch cd or dvd disks with 1.6

gigabyte games on them.this on a handheld "and" from sony for  use

Yes, I know. I have heard of the Game Boy Advance, the PlayStation Portable system as well as the Zodiac and others...I said the most wonderful not powerful. hmmmm hmmm hmmmmmm

gigabyte games on them.this on a handheld "and" from sony for  use

Yes, I know. I have heard of the Game Boy Advance, the PlayStation Portable system as well as the Zodiac and others...I said the most wonderful not powerful. hmmmm hmmm hmmmmmm

You know, I hope someone rewards all of the support you've shown for the Lynx over the years by coding Viking Child 2 for you. :)