IGNORED

Best Atari ST "Game Machine"

Tempest

The 1040STfm

Because you not only have the extra RAM, built in Disk Drive you have the RF modulator which allows you to play in any TV!!

I would hardly recommend using the RF modulator to connect the ST to a TV. My original 520ST setup was connected via RF due to my lack of a monitor, and it looked like complete ass. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with that for very long, as a couple of months later I was able to trade it back in for a 1040ST and the SC1224 monitor. The few games I had at that time looked worlds better when on a real monitor.

The 1040STfm

Because you not only have the extra RAM, built in Disk Drive you have the RF modulator which allows you to play in any TV!!

I would hardly recommend using the RF modulator to connect the ST to a TV. My original 520ST setup was connected via RF due to my lack of a monitor, and it looked like complete ass. Thankfully I didn't have to deal with that for very long, as a couple of months later I was able to trade it back in for a 1040ST and the SC1224 monitor. The few games I had at that time looked worlds better when on a real monitor.

I also hate ST on a TV but for a gaming machine I guess is all right

I myself own a 1040STf, but I had a 520STfm, so I knew what working with an ST on a TV felt like!!

Alls Im saying is that for a Gaming Machine the 1040STfm is the machine to have (only for gaming)

I will check Ultima's out tonight.

I think 2.06 is better in the long run.  I think you will find a game here and there that doesn't like 2.06, but likes 2.05 and vice versa.  Just like some don't like other versions of Tos.  

Loading Tos 1.0 is an option that can help.  The only problem with the disk Tos'es is that they boot to the desktop so running stuff that has a boot sector or auto folder can still be a problem.

I get around that by loading TOS 1.4, which allows a warm reset with [Control]+[Alternate]+[Delete]