IGNORED

Dance Dance Revolution 2nd Mix for the Dreamcast

bergbros2

Dunno about DDR, not a big fan of senselessly hopping around.  :ponder:  :D

Which is why I sold my DDR stuff! :D

I thought the official Sega maracas were better qualitywise, but just very hard to find & expensive. Which is why I've never bothered to pick up Samba De Amigo. I think it was $9 at TRU but I'm afraid to waste my money on some cheap 3rd party maracas and have them break a couple months later.

The Sega brand maracas are high quality, unfortunately, they're not cheap.

The Konami brand Dreamcast dance mats are very nice too, but same case here, not exactly inexpensive.

IMO, Samba de Amigo is more fun than DDR, but it really depends what your own preference is. Samba is move inventive, while there have been upwards of (what now?) like 10 some-odd DDR mixes, not including *shudder* Disney mix, and some others.

I highly recommend Feet of Fury if you want to look into Dreamcast dance/rhythm games, and haven't heard of it already. It's homebrew, so you're supporting the independent scene, and the price dropped by 25% recently at the G.O.A.T. Store.

If you're looking for DDR 2nd mix, I'd try Lik-Sang NCSX, or maybe Kicks.

Samba is a lot easier to get non video game people to play. I think that it's pretty challenging while not requiring an excess of coordination. I also think that those mats are slippery if you're not careful. I also like the music way better in Samba.

Feet of Fury is pretty great tho, and I have to recommend it. Not only did they do a great job, but hopefully this will encourage further development in the Dreamcast arena.