IGNORED

How many games have you completed?

SteveW

I'm looking through my Lynx collection right now, and I just realised that I haven't finished very many of my games. Or at least the games with definite endings. Blue Lightning, Turbo Sub, Switchblade II, Slime World, and RoadBlasters are the only ones i've been able to finish. I'm not sure if I ever finished Power Factor and Scrapyard Dog. And I got close to finishing Rygar and Xenophobe, but my batteries died. All the other 50+ games I have are unfinished. Anyone else here finish games like Toki? Hydra? Kung Food? Gordo 106?

Sorry, Steve, but I don't think I've finished any Lynx game. I love the system but the only time I've really sat down with it over the last couple years is when I have a long wait time and don't feel like reading, such as at a hospital or on an airplane. For whatever reason, when I'm home I don't grab the Lynx but instead turn to the Jag or 7800 or 8bit or ST. I wouldn't think of selling my Lynx or games but its probably my least used Atari system.

Most of the games I regularly play on the Lynx don't have endings, such as Shanghai or Ms. Pac-man. Probably the game I've come closest to finishing was Chip's Challenge but been so long since I played it I can't even remember where I'm at in it. Got pretty far in Scrapyard Dog also.

Mendon

I've finished Paperboy on all three streets and if you want to count 18 holes, I've finished Awesome Golf :) But that's about it, I also prefer games without endings like Shanghai or Qix for quick gaming action.

I'm close to finishing up Championship Rally but I don't like remembering or writing down passwords so I think the lack of saved games makes me less likely to finish some games.

A very good topic!

Since I just received my Lynx and game bundle I've yet to really "FINISH" a game for my new system. I think Paperboy is the only game I can truly consider finished since I've gone through all the difficulty levels successfully.

I plan to finish Dirty Larry, Xybots and Gauntlet 3 soon. Blue Lightning is also pretty high on my list and I've been making some decent progress on that one.

The only game that I've beaten without a cheat is Gates of Zendocon.  

Oops I forgot about that. I also beat Gates of Zendocon. I almost Dracula, but ran out of time at the end (the plane was landing). I had just climbed out of the well and thought there was much more game left. It wasn't until I looked at a walkthrough later that I realized how close I actually was.

Tempest

The only game that I've beaten without a cheat is Gates of Zendocon.  

Oops I forgot about that. I also beat Gates of Zendocon. I almost Dracula, but ran out of time at the end (the plane was landing). I had just climbed out of the well and thought there was much more game left. It wasn't until I looked at a walkthrough later that I realized how close I actually was.

Tempest

It's possible that there is. We're still looking for the "complete" version of Dracula that was (allegedly) coded, then hacked 'n slashed down to its released size to fit Atari's budgeting contraints. :)

It's possible that there is. We're still looking for the "complete" version of Dracula that was (allegedly) coded, then hacked 'n slashed down to its released size to fit Atari's budgeting contraints

Yes I heard about that version. I asked Curt to look at the proto he was selling, but I believe he told me that it was the shorter version.

Tempest

It is hard to find the time to finish games on older systems that you collect for, especially if you play modern games. Most of the games I finished was when the Lynx was still alive at retail. The cool thing about the Lynx is that only about 10 to 15 games would get released a year for the system. Out of those, I would find about 5 that I would really want to buy and play them to death and enjoy the hell out of them. That being said,

Games that have an ending and I finished Before Atari's Demise:

Blue Lightning(first game finished on my Lynx, still one of the best)

Electrocop

Dracula

Steel Talons

Malibu Bikini Volleyball(hot virtual babe alert at end)

Xybots

Hydra(hot virtual babe alert at end)

Battlewheels

Games finished After Atari's Demise:

Paperboy(finished Sunday on all 3 levels)

Rygar

Gates of Zendocon

That was the thing with me, too. I bought nearly all my games while they were still available in the early '90s. But I used it so often that I just get bored with it now. I've played the hell out of it, and now i've moved on to newer things. But there were loads of great games I enjoyed at the time they came out. But I didn't seem to finish a lot of them. :(

How long was the Lynx in production for? I know it debuted in 1989, but I don't remember exactly when Atari gave it the axe. Some of the later games I have are copywrited 1993. I don't have all my games here at the moment, so I can't easily go through them to figure out production dates. So, when did Atari put the Lynx to sleep?

Letsee, I've beaten:

Blue Lightning

Klax

Shanghai (Hasn't everyone won at least once?)

STUN Runner

Electrocop

Slime World (all but Arcade...)

Gates of Zendocon

Zarlor Mercenary (Landru is the best)

Gauntlet III

Turbo Sub

Jimmy Connors Tennis (Connors was tough to beat)

Guess that's it...

Ya, the last two games released by Atari for the Lynx was in early 1994. Battlezone 2000 and that Missile Command/Asteroids combo game. That Lynx catalog that came with my Jaguar in December of 93' was full of lies! I'm still waiting for Rolling Thunder and Eye of the Beholder! :D

SteveW, it seems like you need to start a new thread about how you tried and tried to finish (insert name of game here, Rampart for everyone :D ), but just couldn't finish. I'm not talking about games that were played for a few hours, but games that people put many hours of blood, sweat and tears into and couldn't finish. For me anyways, Xybots, Steel Talons and Electrocop were hard as hell and almost fell into the unfinished category, but were conquered in the end. The Lynx had some hard as nails games and I would get a great sense of accomplishment when finishing them.

Hydra and Ninja Gaiden are about the only Lynx games I've completed without cheating. I know Hydra just isn't that great of a game, but I used to love playing it constantly. Too bad the "surprise" ending wasn't even a surprise the first time.

Sauron, what do you mean about the ending in Hydra?  Hydra is one of my favorite Lynx games and I finished it a few times.

You know, the pilot of the black Hydra, your nemesis... :D Without spoiling it for anybody, let's just say that they both lived happily ever after.

Sauron, what do you mean about the ending in Hydra?  Hydra is one of my favorite Lynx games and I finished it a few times.

You know, the pilot of the black Hydra, your nemesis... :D Without spoiling it for anybody, let's just say that they both lived happily ever after.

You mean, together? :P

Oki, let's seee:

Crystal Mines 2

Chips Challenge

Shadow of the Beast

Electrocop

Rygar

Bill and Ted

Dracula

Jimmy Connors Tennis

Rampage

Malibu Bikini volleyball (hardest level :D )

Lemmings

Viking Child

Road Riot

Double Dragon

Blue Lightning

Pac Land

Xenophobe

Championship Rally

Hard Drivin

Seems like I'm in the lead so far :D

Still struggling with the last level in Rampart though... Argh, still in awe of Swedenlynxers achievment in this game.

And yeah, add Desert Strike to the list above in a few days. What a great game!

So far I have finished :

Before Atari demise :

- Scrapyard Dog (various times, all levels and with shortcuts ;))

After Atari demise :

- Malibu Bikini Volley

I don't use my Lynx very often, at least not like in the 90's. I've tried to beat Xybots but I hate to begin again at the first level so I don't touch it anymore... I could only go to the second level in Electrocop, too hard for me, like many games on this console :o But someday, I'll beat some ;)

You know, the pilot of the black Hydra, your nemesis...  :D  Without spoiling it for anybody, let's just say that they both lived happily ever after.

I think that looks like a little isolated island :P Not a nice place to live on happily ever after. I think they just had a moment of romance..and then split up again :love: ;)

The games I have finished so far is:

Basketbrawl

BattleWheels

Championship Rally (with 96 Points - all race won)

Double Dragon

Dracula

European Soccer Challenge

Gates of Zendocon

Hydra

Ishido

Malibu Bikini Volleyball

Ninja Gaiden

Power Factor*

Rampage

Rampart

Remnant*

RoadBlasters

Road Riot (my copy often freezes at the end of the game :( anyone else have seen the same problem?)

Robo-Squash

Robotron:2084 (Wave 99-Zero-1 and beyond)

Rygar

Shanghai

Slime World

Sokomania

Switchblade II

Turbo Sub

Viking Child

Zarlor Mercenary*

also of course games like

Lynx Othello and Ponx.

* = was using cheat

Favorite ending: Gates of Zendocon - beautiful ending and music. Basketbrawl - When all your opponents are worshiping you :D Viking child - Has a great ending. All the way through the last level, the final battle with Loki and the happy reunion with your family.

Imposible games to finish?? = Blockout

seamoon: I have managed to finish Rampart only twice. There is an other thread about Rampart-strategy. But I think my strategy is quite good also: Just concentrate on defending the right castle and the right side of the last island. Get five cannons around the left castle in the start and then just ONE cannon on the right castle. Of course this will make the left castle imposible to destroy for the enemy. But it will attract their attention. And the one cannon on the right castle is enough to defend yourself with. Never use more then one (or maximum two) cannon with your castle. More cannons is only in your way. And DON'T waste time on fireing on any other ships then the red ones. Fire on the red ships first. Then the invading soldiers. Then on your own Ramparts (to make way for new constructions later) and then...only if you have time left...fire on the other ships. Never waste time on them otherwise. And NEVER defend more of the island then you need to. Let the soldiers invade the left side..its no big deal :cool: