IGNORED

uosipa llamxew

Not as far as I know but then unless you want to test a batch of Joysticks why would anyone want such a device?

As most VCS/ST/TT/Falcon games are one player only or require the use of both Joystick ports for two player games I see no point in such a device for these systems although I did see a device that would allow 4 Joysticks to be used on a Falcon via the two Enchanced Joystick (JagPad) ports however I believe that only homebrew software that correctly polls the ports would be able to use it.

The only possible use for such a device that I am aware of is for playing Worms on the Jaguar as with no Team Tap recognition you have to pass one JagPad around all the players (4 Maximum) which is very annoying although I will have a prototype solution for this running early 2004.

Not as far as I know but then unless you want to test a batch of Joysticks why would anyone want such a device?

As most VCS/ST/TT/Falcon games are one player only or require the use of both Joystick ports for two player games I see no point in such a device for these systems although I did see a device that would allow 4 Joysticks to be used on a Falcon via the two Enchanced Joystick (JagPad) ports however I believe that only homebrew software that correctly polls the ports would be able to use it.

The only possible use for such a device that I am aware of is for playing Worms on the Jaguar as with no Team Tap recognition you have to pass one JagPad around all the players (4 Maximum) which is very annoying although I will have a prototype solution for this running early 2004.

The same reason that somebody would like a cartridge selector - convienence (so you don't have to swap them out manually...just press a button).

Dunno about a specific "controller selector", but you could use a serial ABCD switch box made for PCs. For the input line, just use a serial extension cable (or a standard joystick extension - make sure it is fully wired if you select between joysticks and paddles). I've had joystick signals working perfectly when going through 100 ft. of cable (one that I even made out of a network cable), so I know that length is a virtual nonissue.

If it doesn't exist, build it

If you are talking about joysitcks for the atari, it shouldn't be too hard. You only need to make the switch change the ground for each plug. The plug with the ground at the right pin would work, but the others wouldn't.

I was actually wondering the same thing, particularly after I recently "pushed in" one of the pins on my Heavy Sixer's right controller port. I had to open the console and realign the pushed in pin, it works fine now, but the less wear and tear I put on the connector the better.

Sounds like a decent and simple project. Perhaps I'll head down to Radio Shack sometime for some parts shopping and brush up on my soldering skills! :)

Radio Shack has 12 position rotary switch so you could build a 12 joystick selector box. Get 12x male 9 pin connector (male are the one with penis.. erm pins bigblush.gif), a single female connector (o0bviously fenmale is the one with 'holes' and I'd use a cable from old nonworking joystick as Radio Shack don't sell connector without "ears")

Wire pin 1 through 4 and 6 on all connectors. Wire pin 8 (ground) to center post of the switch and each post from the switch to each pin 8 of the connector. I'd also suggest a knob for the switch and a project box to tujck the gut in.

Enjoy. I figure $15 worth of parts (including some wires and solders) is what you need. This should also work fine with driving controller as well.

This project may not work with controllers that uses pin 7 (+5v) including controller with rapid fire option like Hot Stuff and any Genesis controllers.

Optionally, wire through pin 5 and 9 so that paddles will work.

Yup, that would definately be the cheapest way to go...especially since he has so many controllers to choose from. Fortunately, Atari controllers are extremely low-tech animals...and you don't even have to know how to solder to twist a bunch of wire together/tape it up (though it would look better if you could).