IGNORED

Look here for your free Christmas present!

Okay, the drugs wore off....

I checked my EGM and it expires in March '05.  That must be the freebie.  I'm still waiting on GamePro  :(

where did you read that? when it expires?

OKA I FOUND IT!! Im on the same # as you! But what can be taking that game pro so long??

I just got a copy of EGM in the mail today. Does anyone other than 14 year old boys actually read this magazine? The writing is very poor and the "articles" are geared towards someone with add. Not to mention the tons of advertising. This one will probably end up in my recycling bin, or used as packing paper.

I'm hoping the other magazine is better than this one and I'm still looking forward to getting Manci Games in the near future.

I just got a copy of EGM in the mail today.  Does anyone other than 14 year old boys actually read this magazine?  The writing is very poor and the "articles" are geared towards someone with add.  Not to mention the tons of advertising.  This one will probably end up in my recycling bin, or used as packing paper.

Agreed. Even getting it for free may be too high a price to pay. :|

I just got a copy of EGM in the mail today.  Does anyone other than 14 year old boys actually read this magazine?  The writing is very poor and the "articles" are geared towards someone with add.  Not to mention the tons of advertising.  This one will probably end up in my recycling bin, or used as packing paper.

Precisely.

EGM used to be the holy grail in terms of video game literature, I'd say up until the Playstation came out. It has long since taken a turn for the worse. I stick to mags like Polygon Magazine for more intelligent printed gaming-related news.

I have gotten a second Game Pro now. However, what bothered me about the deal is that I noticed my subscription is set to expire October 04...not o5?!

I ordered this back in December from the link that McGrail provided...but it looks like I only get about 10 month subscription..considering the first issues were March..and I just got April's GP Saturday.

Any Ideas? I can't complain since I didn't have to pay for it...but it still irks me the rest of you got at least a full year..and Mine staste Oct 04 on them.

Hmm...

I have gotten a second Game Pro now. However, what bothered me about the deal is that I noticed my subscription is set to expire October 04...not o5?!

I ordered this back in December from the link that McGrail provided...but it looks like I only get about 10 month subscription..considering the first issues were March..and I just got April's GP Saturday.

Any Ideas? I can't complain since I didn't have to pay for it...but it still irks me the rest of you got at least a full year..and Mine staste Oct 04 on them.

Hmm...

I signed up for a year and it went for 3. Don't count on it ending when it says it will.... Thank god Gamepro finally ended!

I just got my first EGM a couple weeks ago.

• 9 months later...

Just wondering if these mags are going to offer more free subs?

Heh, I've been getting GamePro, EGM, and Computer Gaming World for most of the year. I give the GPs and EGMs to my nephew after I've finished reading them (mostly in the bathroom. :lolblue: They're mostly toilet books anyway...)

I see that EGM is doing it again at this link: https://www.zdmcirc.com/zdmcirc/promo/eb/index.html

Wonder if I'll have to use a different name for them to send it?

Oops, I guess it was 1 year ago, not 2. I posted about this in the magazines forum:

About 2 years ago, I signed up for a free subscription to Gamepro. 2 years later, I'm getting Gamepro, Game Informer, Nintendo Power, EGM, 2 Xbox magazines and PC Games magazine. I've never bought a subscription to any videogame magazines. I guess they must really like me.  

If nothing else, they make for good packing material. Is anyone else around here getting bombarded with videogame magazines they never signed up for?

I honestly hope they stop sending me magazines since minus the seanbaby sections, I haven't found too much of these magazines even remotely interesting, but I wouldn't be surprised if I kept receiving all of them for another year or 2.

You do realize that you're not getting actual magazines, right?! It says:

"Simply fill in and submit the form to the right to receive EGM in the new digital version."

-- you will be getting a digital version.. ie: email or website type thing.

I don't know if this will work or not, but here is a link for what is suppose to be a free year of Electronic Gaming Monthly.

http://eb.egmmag.com/

You do realize that you're not getting actual magazines, right?! It says:

"Simply fill in and submit the form to the right to receive EGM in the new digital version."

-- you will be getting a digital version.. ie: email or website type thing.

I don't know if this will work or not, but here is a link for what is suppose to be a free year of Electronic Gaming Monthly.

http://eb.egmmag.com/

I'd like to suggest that you shouldn't have quoted mcgrail007, because last year when this offer was being made avaialble, it WAS for actual magazines. Probably would have been better to quote Gregory DG who pointed out that they are doing the offer again, which this year, is for a digital version.

Sorry, just felt like nit picking. :P

From what I have read online I would suggest subscribing to the digital version and then calling up Electronic Gaming and request that they switch it over to the actual magazine (paper version). I have heard that this works but I have not tried it myself.

If I see any of the magazines again for free I will post them on here. Usually you can sign up for each offer and they will just extend your subscription. Some people have Maxim for the next 20 years from signing up for so many offers.