IGNORED

BattleSphere Gold announced!

someguy

That's not too bad. Only $159 is not that much, considering how much the previous version went for in the aftermarket.

I am planning to reserve 2 or 3 copies as investment grade material for which I will put up on ebay as the supply dries up! It's all about the almighty PROFIT MARGIN!!!!!

Isn't that a bitch? ;-)

Yeah, well at least it's not $300 but still... I'm not sure about this (3 variation Battlesphere crap)

4 if you want to consider the very first one on eBay that went for an insane amount of $$.

I'm trying to complete my collection and it just keeps getting worse ;-) haha..

2 new Jag games now (I had planned on this whole Protector SE thing, but this BS comes out of the blue like that) Seems that ProtSE also got released a little earlier then expected?

(unless I didn't read the fine print ;-)

Well, I'll get one now tho before they try and rape you for $500 at a later date....

Clint

I don't know whether to get a copy now, and wait on Protector: SE. I could get both maybe, but then i probably won't be able to get Jaguar CD.    

I currently own both a Protector 'Classic' and a BattleSphere 'Classic', but don't own a JagCD. Currently a JagCD seems to sell from EBay and online retailers for $100 to $120 US.

I've never bought a JagCD drive because so far I haven't seen a JagCD game that I thought was worth going to that much expense to get, and even with the demos coming out, that hasn't changed.

I'm going to wait and see what new releases come out for the JagCD in the future. If there's ever a CD release of the same calibre as BattleSphere, SkyHammer, Tempest 2000, etc. then maybe I'll have to pick a drive up.

quote:

Originally posted by someguy:

I currently own both a Protector 'Classic' and a BattleSphere 'Classic', but don't own a JagCD. Currently a JagCD seems to sell from EBay and online retailers for $100 to $120 US.

I've never bought a JagCD drive because so far I haven't seen a JagCD game that I thought was worth going to that much expense to get, and even with the demos coming out, that hasn't changed.

I'm going to wait and see what new releases come out for the JagCD in the future. If there's ever a CD release of the same calibre as BattleSphere, SkyHammer, Tempest 2000, etc. then maybe I'll have to pick a drive up.

You must be joking! Battlemorph and IS2 are both of that caliber! I personally think that Highlander is a must-have title too! Out of the 13 games out so far, I don't think there is a single "bad" one, although many people don't care for Space Ace or HoverStrike, I don't have SpaceAce and HoverStrike:UL is one of my favorite Jag games (although I'm definately in the minority on this one)! ...and believe me, if people are willing to spend $160 on BS:G, then $100-120 plus the cost of even just Battlemorph and IS2 is worth it!

I suppose that this is for the American market only... Also, with the exchange rates there are these days (Swedish crown has been weakened quite a lot lately) this would cost me a minor fortune.

Oh well, I guess some people get all the geographical advantages. Oh well, I'll just stay over here with the permafrost and my copy of Ultra Vortek then, shall I?

You must be joking! Battlemorph and IS2 are both of that caliber!  

No, no, I'm actually not joking...

I managed to buy a copy of IS2 on cart for $50, so that leaves BattleMorph. From what I've seen of the screenshots, BM seems to be a suped-up version of CyberMorph, which while a decent-enough game, doesn't excite me enough to want to splurge for the JagCD.

If I seem some new T2K-calibre games come out, I'll spring for P:SE or BSGold AND a JagCD so that I can play it.

That's a $200-$300 expenditure to play even one JagCD game, so it had better be dang good....

quote:

Originally posted by someguy:

No, no, I'm actually not joking...

I managed to buy a copy of IS2 on cart for $50, so that leaves BattleMorph. From what I've seen of the screenshots, BM seems to be a suped-up version of CyberMorph, which while a decent-enough game, doesn't excite me enough to want to splurge for the JagCD.

If I seem some new T2K-calibre games come out, I'll spring for P:SE or BSGold AND a JagCD so that I can play it.

That's a $200-$300 expenditure to play even one JagCD game, so it had better be dang good....

Battlemorph is about 500% better than Cybermorph. In everyway. We're not talking IS1 to IS2 difference here, we're talking Club drive to Skyhammer type difference and it's a lot faster than Skyhammer with a more distant vanishing point too. The landscapse are still garruad shaded, with textures, but it also has the underwater and underground areas which take up a large percentage of the game and they have fantastic special effects and full-blown texturing (underground)like Skyhammer. The game play is completely different and mission based with larger and more worlds. Cybermorph just can't compare and you shouldn't think of it in that way. It is honestly just as good or better of a game than any of the top games including: T2k,IS2,BS,SH,MC3D,AvP,Doom and such. It is not only a true killer-app for the Jagcd, but for the Jaguar itself. I'm tellin' ya', your really missing out, with a lot of other cool cd's to boot! If you like games lik Resident Evil or Alone in the dark, you'll also like Highlander. Better gfx than Alone in the dark, as good as Resident Evil, except for the polygon characters (same as AITD, but better animation). Blue Lightning is really cool too, regardless of what you've heard. But, to each his own...

To each his own is correct, But i agree with you, Blue Lightning isnt that bad of a game. And BAttlemorph is pretty cool too

definitly a few steps above CyberMorph. BM is a great game and i know many agree to that. Highlander.....I LOVE HIGHLANDER!!! That games is great, wish they wouldve made the sequels,=( Primal Rage is high on my list for great JagCD games, but then again all the Jag games to me are great...well xcept Double Dragon V...now THERE is a waste of space... its like the characters are on speed or something., anywho its all good

I love each individual peice of hardware for the jag. I have a large collection only because of AdrianM who traded me his whole Jag collection for my 5200 collection. then I went and bought every peice of hardware I could get my hands onto, including a alpineII card. as for games, I'll colect more later, I'm into hardware. not games! but when i do play games, they had better show me everything that peice of hardware can do. like battlesphere I got it because of it's abuility to show the power of the Jag.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

That's not too bad. Only $159 is not that much, considering how much the previous version went for in the aftermarket.

I am planning to reserve 2 or 3 copies as investment grade material for which I will put up on ebay as the supply dries up! It's all about the almighty PROFIT MARGIN!!!!!

Man, the era of price-gouging on the net has truely become an art. SIGH.

Kinda takes the fun out of collecting when you see "NEW, ULTRA RARE" (and direct from O'Sheas Ltd) Atari 7800 titles being auctioned off on Ebay.

quote:

Originally posted by MarkR_7800Fan:

Man, the era of price-gouging on the net has truely become an art. SIGH.

Kinda takes the fun out of collecting when you see "NEW, ULTRA RARE" (and direct from O'Sheas Ltd) Atari 7800 titles being auctioned off on Ebay.

Opportunity knocks for those who can read and anticipate the future trends! There's nothing wrong with a little price gouging here and there to eek out a substantial profit!

They seem to have been surprised by the response, which is good.

I find it amusing that Thunderbird was surprised - I could have told him they'd sell hundreds of copies right off the bat!

If you're a Jaguar owner and have never played BattleSphere before, you should really scrape your pennies together and pick up a copy of BSGold: I bought a copy of BSClassic off EBay last month and I've been playing the hell out of it - it is a GREAT game!

quote:

Originally posted by walter_J64:

I like SB Classic but the big money I put in it Im not going for the gold but Ill get the ScatoLOGIC Demo CD I think it will work with Protector:SE

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: walter_J64 ]

I'm likely not going to be able to scrape up enough money for BSG before they sell out, so I'll probably end up getting P:SE and Scato's Demo CD too. That much I have on me now with a couple of sacrifices (like eating PB&J for a week and drinking water). But another hundred on top of that is just too much for me right now. If the game is still available by summer (LOL!) I always have tons of cash then from doing car shows (full time student, only work summers).

I hear a lot of the demos are coming off the Demo CD such as Durantik, and the Sinistar stuff. You might want to verify exactly what you get on the demo CD as some people on JII were saying they did not want there games released on that demo, they wanted to release the demos themselves.

$170 worth of TG16 games eh? Just how many are there? hehe... interesting though!

As far as the Highlander goes and how everyone _loves_ it, I didn't care for it.

The graphics are pretty nice, but the control gets me. I sat down and said"Ok, I'm going to play this and get FAR!" ;-)

Well, the control is just a big issue with me, you learn it after a while, I just get extremely frustrated when 3 guys come up on you and start kicking the crap out of you!

Then, you die...

argh! On the other hand, Jaguar VLM is well worth the price! I use it everyday to listen to music while online and glance up at the screen every so often and watch the colors morph around on-screen.

Battlemorph! Great game! Kinda easy, but great game! Music is (awesome!)

I guess if they would have released, BHH CD, BIWN CD, Varuna's Forces CD, Robinsons Requeim CD, Commander Blood CD, Soul Star CD, and a few others, I'm sure you'd already have a JagCD now eh? ;-)

I think I paid $150 for my first one in 95 and just picked one up about 2 months ago for $110 (buy it now) that came with the Jaguar, 2 controllers, all original boxes, and JagCD (great deal) I got pretty lucky on that one!

I can see a lot of Jaguar CD's being released in the future though with all this BS:G and ProtSE bypass CD stuff.

Wonder what santa will have under the tree this x-mas ;-)

Clint