IGNORED

Atari Adventure Catalog/Ad

intvgene

Hi... just doing some cleaning and I came across my Atari Adventure catalog (ad?). It's fourteen pages long, and may have indeed come from a gaming magazine. It introduces the Lynx, has some preview stuff, and lists games, and has an Atari Lynx I $99 ad on the back. Does anyone remember it, or the magazine that it came from?

Also, I have the Lynx ad that folds into a mini poster that must have been from the early days of the Lynx. One the front it says: "Introducing Lynx. The World's First SuperGraphic Full Color High Power Portable Video Game System". On the back, it says "Coming Soon to a Screen Near You", and there are 8 Lynx I's, and in each screen is the name of an upcoming game. Interestingly, one of the games is 3-D Barrage (others are Slime World, APB, etc). Any idea what happened to that one, or what game that turned into? Anyway, if anyone can tell me anything about them, or if AtariAge wants the scans, let me know.

3d-Barrage was the original name of Robosquash:

http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/atari/lynx/Robo-Squash.html

That makes sense.. when I started to think about it, it was the only game that I really thought it could be. Thanks.

And, I'll go to my friend's place on the weekend, and get some nice scans done that are AtariAge quality.

I have seen them and I have one somewhere. It has several games that were not released or eventually released via Telegames. One example that comes to mine is an ad featuring "Grid Runner" while I believe was eventually released under a different name "Hyperdrome" Another game (not sure if it was released at all) is called Geo Duel. The screenshot looked a bit like Ballblazer.

I'll have to look around for that ad paper. It originally came out of Game Pro magazine, probably '91 or '92 as I was still living in Ypsilanti when I got that.

I've got a collection of Lynx leaflets/mag i'm going to sell along with some old and new games, i will put a new post up when i've finished the site. sometime in the next few days.

The Lynx leaflets are (going by the AtariAge Catalog page) the top 1 and the bottom 2 along with the Lynx Magazine (the one with the $99 Lynx on the back)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a catalog thats not in the Lynx Catalog section. It came with my lynx in the box with the special 99$ lynx that came with the comlynx and the california games and the carry pouch. On the front it has a picture of batman and it says Lynx Grey Matters Volume 3. It seems to be more of a magazine rather than a catalog.