IGNORED

What ever happened to Jerry G?

kheller2

Does anyone know what ever happened to Jerry G? In the early 90's he had a warehouse full of games and put out a collecting guide (beta version) to many systems.

While the DP guide is great... this other guide went into label variations, colors, copyright dates etc...

Karl

A couple of years back he sold the domain name atari2600.com and sold off most of his stock in a big clearance. If I remember right, he is now strictly a collector, but was going to remain "Curator" of the atari2600.com museum. I don't know if that is still the case. He cited health problems on the site when he was offering the Atari2600.com domain name for sale. He seems like a very nice guy. I emailed him a question when I first got into this hobby again in 1997. He was very gracious and answered very politely even tho I probably asked a question he been asked a million times before. (I think I asked him some dumb question about Pong clones. )

Anyhow, thats about all I know...

Buck

Gerry G's Guide to the Classic Video Games First Edition has a 2001 Copyright date. The cover price is $19.95, but I think Jerry gave a lower price if you had purchased a Beta Version. His address on the cover is

JerryGVisionaries

663 S. Dodge Street

Gilbert AZ 85233

I like Jerry's pricing of label variations

there are no write-ups or intros to any of the sections.  primarily, it is just the list of games and hardware in this version.

sorry about the poor scan  of the hardware section.  i didn't want to press very hard for fear of breaking the binding.

That's definitely not my stuff.

I guess it was the "First Edition" that featured my section.

@frogger 2: Can you confirm that? I'd like to add it to my resume.

Jerry G did have a sell off of some of his collection about 2-3 years ago. I got a lot of his rare C64 items, including a few pieces I've never seen come up on eBay before or since. Cost a bit at the time, but pleased with my haul especially as certain bits I have seen come on eBay have gone for far more than their value in the haul I bought...

The First Edition of JerryG's Guide to the Classic Video Games does have a 27 line description of Quiz Wiz on page 282 by Phillip R. Frey dated 12/03/97. I'm sorry I don't have scanning capabilities, but would be glad to mail you a Xerox copy if you PM me your mailing address.

No need. I've got the original text file on one of these hard drives I've got here. It's just good to have independant confirmation that it actually *is* in the book.

Thanks!

hes here in az i have not seen him but i deal with the new owner often from atari2600,com i talked ot hi m once on the phone jerry is a nice guy :D

Broncoman, do you ever go to Castles & Coasters? Brien King, Shane Monroe, Dan Coogan and I all live in Glendale and Phoenix. We should hook up for some fun arcade action or some VCS gaming. :)

Does anyone know what ever happened to Jerry G?  In the early 90's he had a warehouse full of games and put out a collecting guide (beta version) to many systems.

While the DP guide is great... this other guide went into label variations, colors, copyright dates etc...

Karl

I sold my game business to Joe and Lottie Cody and in 2001 issued an update to the Guide in a limited edition. I have a second edition nearly ready to go to print. I am just touching up a few items and finishing the adding of a couple of more systems to the guide. This time I will also have a CD version of the Guide available. Like the First Edition, I will publish a limited edition, just for those interested in the label variations, etc. for a limited time.

JerryG

JerryG,

Please post order information on this Forum when Volume 2 is available. I enjoy your Volume 1 very much and definitely want Volume 2.

It would be great if you or someone else would issue a guide for Atari 2600 Instruction Manual Variations. Maybe you can do that in Volume 3.

Holy crap if anyone evr does an instructions variation guide, I'd be first in line to buy that one. I could even add some scan/pics of rarer instructions/variations I own.

I sold my game business to Joe and Lottie Cody and in 2001 issued an update to the Guide in a limited edition. I have a second edition nearly ready to go to print. I am just touching up a few items and finishing the adding of a couple of more systems to the guide. This time I will also have a CD version of the Guide available. Like the First Edition, I will publish a limited edition, just for those interested in the label variations, etc. for a limited time.

JerryG

Consider me interested! :D