IGNORED

Anyone Resurface PS2 Games?

Hi! I bought a much wanted Madden 2004 at a yard sale today for $10.00 complete with the case and instructions but the disc had some (what looked at the time) light scratches. I have seen games with much worse play fine but this one will not load. The scratches don't even look that bad and the game at first loads up fine and then lets you pick teams but I have yet to see the actual field because it loads forever. Bummer and I was so excited because I didn't want to pay the 35-40 bucks for it.

Anyone resurface? I have things for trade including some NES, Genesis and Many Atari games. Thanks! :)

I have a couple machines we use.

First look at the disk. If there is a scratch on the top (label side) its going to be unrepairable. If you don't understand why take a AOL disk an scratch the top with a key and then look at the bottom and you'll be able to figure it out.

Adam

How I miss the olden days of Compact Disc technology where you had the real layers. I still have a few older CD-Rom games and lots of music CDs that are noticably thicker because the actual data layer is on a seperate alum surface in the middle of the disc and not the underside of my label on top..hehe

You mean the data is stored ON the underside of the label? Interesting. Also, quite dumb. I'm surprised they would leave the data exposed like that... too vulnerable to damage.

But wait... I have a DVD that is double-sided. It has no label. I guess it has two separate layers embedded *inside* the disc. Well whatever.

I am very anal retentive about my discs. I won't let anyone touch them except myself, because I don't want them damaged by carelessness.

That is correct. In the first generation of CDs the data layer was actually in a seperate alum or organic material tha twas embedded in the middle of the disc. I don't know about DVDs per se, but I also have a few double sided DVDs And they do not have a label. But then, I don't know that the label on a standard DVD is able to contain the data on it, or hold the multiple layers that most modern DVDs now have. But almost every CD-Rom, and Music CD, including CDRs the data is actually burned on the underside of the label or facing on the top of the CD. this is also why they don't want you using Ball point pens on CD labels. Because you would very likely alter the data that was written in the areas where the pen marks would be. Hence, Felt tip only!