IGNORED

Wanted - 27C020 eproms

Bratwurst

I'm in the market for a few '020 as well. I've tried eBay for the past couple months and almost always there are some but it's the PLCC package. Currently someone has a few for $10 (a bit expensive)

You could still use the '040, just double up the ROM image and tie the extra address (A18) to ground.

Any chance you're making Earthbound? :D

I'd like to make EB as well, and Goonies (not Goonies II) and Atlantis No Nazo playable on NES without the famicom adapter but both used odd mapper that doesn't appear to be released in USA. Also FF2 and FF3 (both with English hack)

You could still use the '040, just double up the ROM image and tie the extra address (A18) to ground.

When I bought a lot of them off of an arcade distributor I did fairly well, about a buck a chip, but I'd still like to reserve the 040's for higher capacity dealies since once you start bending pins up and soldering in place it's kinda hard to reuse them (And I'm not messing with those damned sockets. :D )

I've been tinkering with editing PAL roms so they'll run normally on an NTSC system actually, although I guess sooner or later I'll do Earthbound.

Just one thing: when checking eBay there are lots of '16, '32, '64, '128, '256, '512, '010, and '040 but '020 are virtually nonexistient?  (There are bigger EPROMs than '040 but so few programmers can handle those)

The few current auctions on ebay for 020s are PLCC and a tad expensive for used chips. I haven't done much fishing over the year but the last time I looked for some eproms specifically there weren't very many available, compared to the others (256, 010, etc).