IGNORED

Who here has a Heavy 6er?

ApolloBoy

I'll do the same with mine. I cleaned her up soon after I got her.  

My goal is to have an Atari heavy sixer as a companion to my Sears heavy sixer.

:D

Maybe my Atari Heavy-Sixer should get together with your Sears Big Sexy and make Atari 2600 Jrs.

Tee-Hee-Hee.... :P

Buck

I'll do the same with mine. I cleaned her up soon after I got her.  

My goal is to have an Atari heavy sixer as a companion to my Sears heavy sixer.

:D

Maybe my Atari Heavy-Sixer should get together with your Sears Big Sexy and make Atari 2600 Jrs.

Tee-Hee-Hee.... :P

Buck

Aw, my Jr only has a single parent. :sad: :D

HI ALL

I just want to say this is a great place for Atari, I have been lurking around for a couple months, and doing some reading great stuff!!! Now on to the sixer. I have aquired 2 of the Sears tele-games heavy sixers in the last 3 weeks. The first one was from e-bay, 50 games, 1 Atari joystick,1 Gemstick,and one Wico command control,and a set of paddles for $125.00 I am sure I paid to much but thats not the first time :D . As my luck would have it the wife and I were at the Brass Armadillo antique store and stumbled onto another Sears heavy sixer, really stumbled it was in old cardboard box on the floor. it had two sets of joysticks one set looks well used the other no wear showing , two sets of paddles one set says Sears and one set says Atari, which set was original with this unit? Also set of driving paddles,original power supply ( gray) one power supply new in box Atari, original tv switch,and Sears original instructions and Indy 500 with #11 on it / with booklet total $32.00. Both units and and all controls cleaned up nice, and look near new, and all work. Thats my find. What got me started again was finding 12 games at mom and dads house, but the console was loaned to a cuz never to return. One more Question did the Sears version come out before the Atari branded unit? If so when. Sorry for the long read Thanks for the board. Ron Herndon

HI ALL

I just want to say this is a great place for Atari, I have been lurking around for a couple months, and doing some reading great stuff!!! Now on to the sixer. I have aquired 2 of the Sears tele-games heavy sixers in the last 3 weeks. The first one was from e-bay, 50 games, 1 Atari joystick,1 Gemstick,and one Wico command control,and a set of paddles for $125.00 I am sure I paid to much  but thats not the first time :D .  As my luck would have it the wife and I were at the Brass Armadillo antique store and stumbled onto another Sears heavy sixer, really stumbled it was in old cardboard box on the floor. it had two sets of joysticks one set looks well used the other  no wear showing , two sets of paddles one set says Sears and one set says Atari, which set was original with this unit? Also set of driving paddles,original power supply ( gray) one power  supply new in box  Atari, original tv switch,and Sears original instructions and Indy 500 with #11 on it / with booklet total $32.00. Both units and and all controls cleaned up nice, and look near new, and all work. Thats my find. What got me started again was finding 12 games at mom and dads house, but the console was loaned to a cuz never to return. One more Question did the Sears version come out before the Atari branded unit? If so  when. Sorry for the long read  Thanks for the board. Ron Herndon

Hello Ron,

first of all, welcome to AtariAge. :)

I believe the Atari came out before the Sears, considering they came up with the system.

Stick around !

BTW, great find for 30 bucks. ;)

I have one, but the power jack is dying. I have to wiggle and twist the jack just right for it to work.

Tempest, bring it with you to Philly. I'll fix it while we eat lunch....remember those subs from last year.... mmm..... subs.

I found my true Atari heavy sixer thrifting in the Midwest It has a busted reset spring, and I have never even plugged it in to find out if it works (not a big deal even if it doesn't); one day I'll have the time.....

Found two Sears heavy models here. One was complete (sold before I really had the space for an extra), the other was unit only and had a bad RIOT chip. After a fix, its now in England with a pal (get it, PAL and pal...nevermind. Its a long day ) :)

Cassidy

Hi everyone:

Just a quick question:

Is there any other difference between the heavy and lite six'r besides the weight(duh)? :roll: .Im just curious if one could tell a "heavy" from a "lite" without lifting them and by just looking at certain things.

Thanks,

bond007pr :)

The Heavy 6er has thick plastic trim on the sides, the regular 6er has thin plastic on the sides like a 4-switch system.

post-3058-1074828210_thumb.jpg

Since we're playing show & tell, I thought I'd snap a few shots of my Sears sixer whilst I had it out to do a little gaming with some new arrivals this evening.

sears_sixer_small.jpg

Sexy Beast.

Pictured: Box, heavy sixer, two first-year sticks (minus hex discs, sadly). Not pictured: Jitter-free first-year paddles (still in box), manual 'n stuff.

sears_sixer_close1_small.jpg

Close up.

sears_sixer_close2_small.jpg

Another close up.

HI

How do you tell the difference in the joysticks from first year to other years? I have two sets that were in the cardboad box that mine was in, also how to tell the difference in paddles, mine had two sets one said Atari one says Sears, which would be original? Were talking Sears tele-games heavy sixer just like the one in the pic.Thanks Ron

HI

How do you tell the difference in the joysticks from first year to other years? I have two sets that were in  the cardboad box that mine was in, also how to tell the difference in  paddles, mine had two sets one said Atari one says Sears, which would be original? Were talking Sears tele-games heavy sixer just like the one in the pic.Thanks Ron

First-years sticks will have an intentation in the top of each stick where the branded hex discs should go if they're missing (they had a habit of falling out and becoming lost). Sticks after that had a flat top. Also, the fire button on first-year sticks stood a little higher and could be recessed more; later sticks sat lower and wouldn't depress far, making a sort of "click" when depressed.

I also found first year sticks were far more supple, with more play than later sticks.

HI

Thanks Mindfield for the info, checked the joysticks 2 were as you described minus the metal caps.one problem with one stick wont go left!!. What about the paddles with the Sears unit,did they say Sears or Atari? Just want to get all the original stuff in one place . Thanks Ron