IGNORED

PC & MAC: Activision Anthology ?

PongHit

Hi:

The GBA Activision Anthology got plenty of coverage here, but has anyone reviewed the PC or MAC versions yet?  If so, I guess I missed it...

Anyone?

-PongHit

I haven't seen it. I'm going to be reviewing the PC version on my little website soon though! :D

Want some details?

I already had the PS2 Anthology & the GBA version, but this one is the best yet... They call it the "Remix Edition," partly because there's a 'new' batch of '80s music included... but what's really cool is: you can use any music you want! You can use your own MP3 playlists -- like iTunes, etc., OR streaming internet radio stations! And you can pre-select 5 stations & then select them on the 'virtual' boom box from within the interface!

There's a total of 76 games. I was dissappointed that the GBA vers. didn't have any Imagic games, but this one includes all the Imagic titles -- many of which aren't on the PS2 vers. AND it includes all the homebrews that were on the GBA version!

Plus, if you're into cheating, you can watch the commericals & other videos directly from the CD -- without 'earning' the unlocks.

Oh yeah, another feature not in the PS2 version: this one saves scores!

-PongHit

The thing that I dislike about the version for the PC is that it takes a much more powerful computer than what I currently have. Too bad. It sounds like some of the new features would have made an already fun program that much better.

Guess I will have to stick to my PS2 and GBA SP versions.

The thing that I dislike about the version for the PC is that it takes a much more powerful computer than what I currently have. ...

Yeah, the requirements for the Mac version are kinda steep too... This means a lot of current users won't be able to use it... Too bad...

Only one of my computers qualifies for the minimum requirements. I have a couple of older computers that I'd love to install it on too... dang...

-PongHit

What i'm wondering is why MacStella runs smoothly on my old Umax C500/240mhz machine, but the Activision Anthology needs a 400mhz G4?

I bought one of those Red Octane USB Atari-style joysticks recently, but USB Overdrive doesn't seem to want to recognise it. I need to mess around with it a little more. Plus take that joystick apart, because the fire button tends to stick a lot.