IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 Discussion Thread

cschell

I found them actually. I never bothered before, I thought those were some of the few roms where the copyright holders did a good job policing them on the net. Thought I'd have to hunt down one of those cd's that were produced a few years ago to get them.

I think i'm asking too many questions, I'll shut up for a bit. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have problems running CBS games on the CuttleCart2? The F8's (Blueprint and Solar Fox) work fine, but the 4K's (Gorf, Wizard of Wor) and the FA's (Mountain King, Omega Race, Tunnel Runner) generate a "FPGA config error". Please post any ideas on how to resolve this.

Since I've just put almost all my atari games into storage, I think I'll be picking this up this run through. Certainly it's easier to just keep one cart plugged into the 7800 without even having to run a cord to a cd player or my computer, then to dig around through my boxes of games. Sides, it'd also make it easier to do any game testing :D

Has anyone got theirs yet from the 2nd run?  I was just wondering if they were sent out yet...  (can't wait!) :)

I think it's going to be a few months at least. The wait between the time I paid and the delivery from the first run was so long, I pretty much forgot I had even bought the thing. It was still worth it tho.

As for the CBS games, I've never had a problem with any of them. Maybe you need some new ROMs?

The wait between the time I paid and the delivery from the first run was so long, I pretty much forgot I had even bought the thing.

:o I need your job. I never forget dropping 200 clams!

Nah, you wouldn't want it. It's pretty boring sitting around my house all day. ;)

Anyone have problems running CBS games on the CuttleCart2? The F8's (Blueprint and Solar Fox) work fine, but the 4K's (Gorf, Wizard of Wor) and the FA's (Mountain King, Omega Race, Tunnel Runner) generate a "FPGA config error". Please post any ideas on how to resolve this.

It sounds like some of your BANKING files are corrupted on the MMC. Try replacing them. (I sent you an email regarding this.)

Chad

Hi!

Has anyone got theirs yet from the 2nd run?  I was just wondering if they were sent out yet...  (can't wait!) :)

Bob

No CC2s from the second run have shipped. They are currently at the solder assembly shop.

I will update the website to say shipping once they start shipping, and those of you should get a shipping notice from either myself or Fedex.

Chad

• 2 weeks later...

Will this work in all Atari 7800's?

Mine plays Robot Tank and Time Pilot (Two games that have issues in some 7800's) just fine, though I don't think its one of the 84 models (Don't see the expansion port, and the serial number has a box around it on the bottom label). Should it work?

YES.

The problem with games like Robot Tank, Decathlon, and Dark Chambers has to do with the lack of an important timing signal in the 2600 cartridge slot. The CC2 is a 7800 cartridge, and is thus able to do 2600 bank switching without any timing problems, because that timing signal is present on one of the extra pins.

(Wasn't this already answered in this very thread?)

Just one question:

Why is the CC2 so expensive? are the parts really that expensive, or is it mostly due to the labor involved?

I only ask this because the Kroko is nearly the same thing (minus 7800 games ability) and it's $100 cheaper.

I'd love to get one, but at the current asking price - I can buy an entire 7800 collection of carts, one by one off of ebay or other sources. In fact - if you know where to shop, you can get 50 of the 57 commercially released games for the 7800 for less than 2 bucks each.

I'm not saying it's not worth it - especially if you're a developer. It's a handy dandy tool for that stuff.