IGNORED

Different Asteroids Cartridges?

bobafett07728

Hey. This is probably a ridiculously stupid questions, but I have two picture label Asteroid Carts. One of them goes right to the game screen, the other has a screen which has the year, and Atari before the game screen upon startup. Otherwise the two games are the same (from what I can see.) I just want to confirm that there is nothing special here, and there are a million copies of both. Thanks.

not sure which is more common, but i believe the "no copyright" is the original release. i have found the no copyright version in the oldest style box. also, all the end labels with date stamps have the copyright and so does the silver label asteroids.

i did a quick check and of 20 asteroids:

6 - no copyright

14 - with copyright (3 with date stamps on end label)

odd, i found two that had a noticably fatter font on the end label than the other 18.

post-1335-1074729447_thumb.jpg

The Asteroids with the fatter font end label also are the non-copyright versions.

Doug

actually, both of those in my photo are have stamps from 1984 on the end label and both have the copyright screen.

which makes it seem like there is a bunch of mix and match combinations of asteroids ROM and labels out there.