IGNORED

N64 Roms

Rocko

Noo...I think that he was saying:

"However, having a laptop that allows you to play certian N64 games whenever you want is a serious advantage."

Certian games run flawlessly.  Granted, most of them do not.

Exactly, youll be limited to the very early titles or more basic ones like Mario 64 and Mickey's Tetris and such... ;)

I'm not sure why everyone knocks N64 emulation all the time. My xbox plays every N64 game that I like except the Wrestling ones. The games to own on the system like Mario and the Zeldas plus GoldenEye and 1080 Snowboarding. Shoot it even runs Conkers which is a huge game even though it has graphical errors caused by graphics plugins which will be fixed in the next release. Is everyone just assuming that N64 emulation sucks or are you guys just using the wrong emulators?

yes i think its a combination of a crappy system and emulators.

I use project 64 version 1.5 and so far have no trouble running the 70 roms that i have.

Conkers is excellent, and its a 64mb rom. ( i have an amd 2600+ )

anyways.....

Now to get that SATURN emulator to work argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

:?

Mario 64 plays pretty damn sweetly on the Athlon 2400 w/ Geforce3 I built my brother for xmas. And frankly, I don't know of any other game that would otherwise compel me to get an N64... the Zeldas are on the GC now and they may even be slightly improved.

• 1 month later...

Few months ago my classmates and I at Chubb got into playing N64 roms on our laptops (1.4gmz's I belive). Since they were kinda crappy the video and sound quality weren't the best at times but we had fun. Gave me a chance to finally play games I wanted to buy: F-Zero X, Paper Mario, Mario Golf and Mario Tennis!