IGNORED

I found the alternative to eBay for videogames etc. !!!

CPUWIZ

Argg

I tried to sign up but AOL ate the email. So I tried to register again after I altered the aol settings and it said that my email and username were already taken.

Now what do I do?

Try a different username, I think there was another person having problems with getting emails also.

I personally got it instantly after I signed up.

Argg

I tried to sign up but AOL ate the email. So I tried to register again after I altered the aol settings and it said that my email and username were already taken.

Now what do I do?

I had the same problem, just sent them an email explaining the problem and they opened my account from there side, just make sure you send your name and user name from your AOL email account so they can verify your email

Also not sure why I never received the confirmation email the first time as I did receive there response, checked my AOL settings and there was no reason it would have been blocked as its set to allow all email ?

FND

I had the same problem. I emailed them and they said that they were having problems with hotmail and aol accounts being blocked by microsoft and aol. They were working on getting it cleared up and activated my account manually.

Mitch

i registered and got my email immediately. i think they need a better search system though, at least if the site gets more popular (and it probably will). for example, i search for "nes" and it comes up with mostly 5200 games, 2600 games, a few games for other systems, and then there's some nes games thrown in with the results. if the site gets popular and there's a whole lot of items listed, i don't want to look through 30 pages of atari games when i'm looking for nes games, ya know? the problem could be solved easily by putting in a "search title only" feature i think.

Mr Edewaard,

We had initially not planned to support classic computers, but only modern computers that LAN party

players use.   Yours in among several emails requesting the addition of such categories and this

email has been forwarded to the devgroup for review.

In the meantime, one of our advertisers is Vintage Marketplace (http://marketplace.vintage.org)

where classic computers are being sold.

Thank you for the reply. There is a lot of cross-over hardware between classic consoles and computers (such as the Atari 800 and 5200, and Coleco's Adam), and ebay is not set up well for older systems (it all falls under "vintage"), so thank you for your consideration of the matter, and congratulations on the launch!

-Bry

I had the same problem. I emailed them and they said that they were having problems with hotmail and aol accounts being blocked by microsoft and aol. They were working on getting it cleared up and activated my account manually.  

Mitch

Ahh I got it all taken care of. Now where did I stash all those protos I been wanting to sell.

Adam

I just completed my first transaction through bidiots.  It was quicker and easier than Ebay.  I hope this site is here to stay.

I agree, it is much less of a pain in the neck to list something as well. :thumbsup:

Speaking of which ... http://www.bidiots.com/storecatalog.asp?userid=345 :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't been using Bidiots much but I appreciate the variety that's been popping up there.

It's better than EBay in the way that reproductions and prototypes don't get pulled like they do on EBay.

:D

• 2 weeks later...